Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica announced M-8.2 and four lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Leica announced M-8.2 and four lenses Reply with quote

Leica has just announced the M8.2, and upgrade to the M8 digital rangefinder camera, and four aspherical lenses. You can't afford them, but these sound like amazing lenses. 21/1.4, 24/1.4, 24/3.8, and 50/0.95! Yes, a new Noctilux! (Only 7300 Euro.) More info in German here:

http://www.digitalkamera.de

--Geoff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy :-X even with the 1.33x crop factor I'd take 'em Smile

Very interesting news!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same link confirms Zeiss (much more affordable than Leica) goes Canon mount!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the next lottery that I can win?

Leica M8.2 with 21/1.4, 24/1.4 and 50/0.95!!

Wow, I neeeeed this set!!! Crying or Very sad
Perhaps I can get a mortgage on our house. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Where is the next lottery that I can win?

Leica M8.2 with 21/1.4, 24/1.4 and 50/0.95!!

Wow, I neeeeed this set!!! Crying or Very sad
Perhaps I can get a mortgage on our house. Laughing

Smile

http://www.digitalkamera.de/Meldung/Leica_M8_2_ohne_roten_Punkt_und_mit_Vollautomatik_/5140.aspx
http://www.digitalkamera.de/Meldung/Leica_pflegt_das_M_System_mit_neuen_Objektiven_und_Zubehoer/5150.aspx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the new model is alluring but even if I had the money, I don't think I would invest so much money into a crop format rangefinder. Maybe if I found a RD-1 for a good price like Andy did, I would buy one. But spending much money on a new one.... I don't think so.
For me (I don't know about others) rangefinder is, when a 35mm lens is a 35mm lens.... it really is an instrument that for me, is much related to the traditional focal lenghts, conceptually.
Maybe it's a stupid reasoning to do, but that's how it feels for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Surely the new model is alluring but even if I had the money, I don't think I would invest so much money into a crop format rangefinder. Maybe if I found a RD-1 for a good price like Andy did, I would buy one. But spending much money on a new one.... I don't think so.
For me (I don't know about others) rangefinder is, when a 35mm lens is a 35mm lens.... it really is an instrument that for me, is much related to the traditional focal lenghts, conceptually.
Maybe it's a stupid reasoning to do, but that's how it feels for me.

Yes, you are right. A fortune on a crop sensor camera... jut too, too much. More, who have the money to spend on that kind of camera better buys a good second-hand Leica (or another M baionet camera , Bessa, Konica, Minolta ), on film and will have plenty money to spend it on film and processing. Regarding film photography the most importnat is the lens and film than camera.
Regarding the lenses I understand: they are of very good quality and very fast Smile One could use a 50 ISO film which would have a high resolution and still won't have too much problem regarding the available light.