Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agifold 6x6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Agifold 6x6 Reply with quote

I was interested in getting a British folder from the 50s, to give me an idea of the quality the photographers of the day had to put up with.
I must say, the similarly aged Agfa feels much more robust than this one. The Agifold has a middling-good lens, uncoupled rangefinder, lightmeter and good leather bellows, but is curiously let down by a cheap and nasty stamped tinwork body - not that others didn't use cheap tinwork, but AGI managed to produce an item for a medium price that has the production quality of a nasty cheap toy, especially how the back fits.

You can see here the back open - the whole back comes off, no fancy hinges here, just a bent bit of tin.

And here's one for the older readers...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lizars are still on the go, but as Black & Lizars now.

And still selling cameras and lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see an old bellows on the right hands!

Jes.