Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My wife will kill me for sure
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: My wife will kill me for sure Reply with quote

Last couple of weeks i've been into a shopping frenzy. Here's what i got (3 more lenses to come shortly)
    Nikon 35-105/3.5
    Tokina 80-200/3.5-4.5
    Vivitar 135/2.8
    Takumar 135/3.5
    Takumar 55/1.8
    Takumar SMC 55/1.8
    Vivitar 100/2.8
    Zesnar 135/2.8
    Soligor MC 85-300/5
    Pentax SMC 28/3.5
As soon as i put my hands on them i'll post some samples

Really, she's gonna kill me

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...probably. But if she does so, ask her in your will to send me over all those nice lenses Wink

Regards,

Fer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all look forward your samples!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your wife will not do it, because the lenses are so good. . . . . . Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Piticu, nice set!!!
Sure your widow will find only another photographer with such a bequest!, so why change?.
Looking forward to your samples...

Jes.

Last edited by Jesito on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: My wife will kill me for sure Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
Last couple of weeks i've been into a shopping frenzy. Here's what i got (3 more lenses to come shortly)
    Nikon 35-105/3.5
    Tokina 80-200/3.5-4.5
    Vivitar 135/2.8
    Takumar 135/3.5
    Takumar 55/1.8
    Takumar SMC 55/1.8
    Vivitar 100/2.8
    Zesnar 135/2.8
    Soligor MC 85-300/5
    Pentax SMC 28/3.5

Shocked And it's not even Christmas yet!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Shot as many as possible portraits for your wife with these lenses, then she might be willing to forgive you. And you should put the photos here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She doesn't like to be photographed too much. But i have a little daughter who loves it Smile
Anyway, there's another one i've just won
Quote:
Nikon 75-205/3.8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Irina's shots are excellent, congrats!.
Which camera/lens did you use to take them?.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s3pro + nikkor 85/1.8 afd
I'm glad you like it.
Irina again, D2x + Helios 44M

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the story behind this image? Its a strong composition with the selective focus and the jarring broken window beside the bride ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it isn't much of a story: a friend ask me to assist him for a session, an personal assignment, and i grab couple of shots for myself too Smile
the story with the lens is interesting though: it's a home made tilt and shift based on a 80/2.8 Volna with plenty of dust inside plus fungus too. the lens cost me only the shipping, around 5$. i'll post more photos made with that lens soon.
As promised, more samples here.

Last edited by piticu on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Wow, Irina's shots are excellent, congrats!.
Which camera/lens did you use to take them?.

Jes.

Nice avatar Jes Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piticu

Terrific lenses
Adorable daughter
Great portraits

Wife should be fine with it all

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly what i'm telling her: she should…

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: My wife will kill me for sure Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
    Nikon 35-105/3.5
    Tokina 80-200/3.5-4.5
    Vivitar 135/2.8
    Takumar 135/3.5
    Takumar 55/1.8
    Takumar SMC 55/1.8
    Vivitar 100/2.8
    Zesnar 135/2.8
    Soligor MC 85-300/5
    Pentax SMC 28/3.5

Haha. Not quite as prolific, but I did pick up a little Tamron 35-80/2.8-3.8 and a very nice Vivitar S1 90/2.5 macro with the matching 1:1 adapter this week.

When I casually mentioned to the wife that "now I need a drill press" (for modding purposes), I got a look that could have killed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldm92 wrote:
When I casually mentioned to the wife that "now I need a drill press" (for modding purposes), I got a look that could have killed

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more:
A useless (for now) but very cheap Coligar enlarger lens 75mm/3.5 and another 80-200/3.9 - Albinar. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading all these posts, one question pops into my mind: why do all we MF collectors/gear freaks/impulsive buyers ever get married??? Laughing

Fortunately I have my own money (separate from family account and result of gear sales and stuff like that), so I just get the "dear, another package arrived this morning for you". Lucky me...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro

My wife put the money for my buffet, bought the cars and the house. I don't want separate counts. My wife's father is my friend and I love my wife very, very much.

To love is to divide too.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Pedro

My wife put the money for my buffet, bought the cars and the house. I don't want separate counts. My wife's father is my friend and I love my wife very, very much.

To love is to divide too.

Rino.

We do not have separate accounts. We have one family account - for all current expenses. But I know many couples who have separate accounts and I can't comment on their happiness or love for each other.

I do have some separate money (it's no secret, my wife knows - and she also keeps some money for her stuff) resulting from selling gear or money I still get for my birthday or Christmas.

All my gear was acquired without spending a single Euro from family account - and I really want to keep it this way. I do agree there are many more important things than money or photographic lenses... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Monica (we'll live together but we are not married), we have decided to make a common account, where each of us will place some money monthly, it will be used for the most common expenses like the bills. We will not manage it with obsessive precision. It will be mostly an instrument to monitor easily how much we will spend each month, and if we are keeping it within our budget possibilities. So for instance if our common account will run dry after only two weeks, we will know that we are spending too much, and we'll be more careful in the following two weeks.

It's an experiment, I don't know if it will work or not. The idea behind it is that we can keep our separate accounts for our personal expenses (which could be a dress for her or a lens for me), but we will have to "deserve it" by being virtuous in the common expenses department.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORIO

Good luck for you and for monica.

A man with 25 years of married say: it difficult but not impossible. The money never be enough. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good wife like I have support you in collection.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that our wifes are too perfects.

Are we lying to obtain wife's permission to buy more and more lenses?

Do our wifes read this posts? Twisted Evil

Rino.