Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh XR7 stuck shutter :(
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Ricoh XR7 stuck shutter :( Reply with quote

Hello,

I've encountered a problem with the Ricoh XR7. There is time when the shutter stucks. I depress the shutter button and the shutter don't fire. If I start to unmount the lens and after a 1.5 cm rotatio of the lens the shutter fires. The same happens if a left the lens on the camera but I puch the DOF preview button. SO it is a mechanical problem and not an electronic one (camera has Av mode too). Do you have a clue what could be the problem (did you faced this problem) ?
Thank you very much.

PS. When I tested the camera without lens the shutter didn't stuck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I found it (at least I hope so Smile ). Not the camera is the problem but the lens. I used the camer mostly with the lens which came with it , the Ricoh's Rikenon XR 50mm f:1.7 . Near the aperture lever has a different defign than all other K pentax lenses I have. Eventually I'll put a picture with it. Without a lens or with a different lens the camera works well (ytested with a smc Pentax 50mm f:1.7, varexon 35mm and a Chinon 28mm lens).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aperture lever would be the primary suspect. Check it for misalignment, damage at lens or body, or sticky aperture blades.

Sevo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Hope I'll have time tomorrow to post some photos with the lens.