Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elmarit-R - Focus ring problem (help)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Elmarit-R - Focus ring problem (help) Reply with quote

Hi,

My Elmarit finally arrived today.
The lens looks amazingly good, it comes with a Leica lens hood and an expensive Leica UV filter. The aperture ring works great, giving all the perfect clicks, however i don't know what's happening with the focus ring. It's completely stuck. It's really strange, because the seller as a 100% ebay feedback and the lens looks perfect in all other aspects.

Does it have any kind of focus lock mechanism? I didn't notice one, but probably i'm still sleeping.

I was going to sell the lens to a friend (i think he will read this, but no problem because i already told him) and now i can't even use it.

Do you think this is a problem or am i doing something wrong? I was really thinking in a lock mechanism, because it doesn't move 1mm, but i still didn't figure how.

Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this:
http://photo.net/olympus-camera-forum/00NHwL

In this case, if there is a problem, i have serious doubts it happened during the transportation because it came in the most safe package i ever seen.

I'll wait for you opinion and then i'll contact the seller.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no blocking focus mechanism that I am aware of. Must be a mechanical failure or an extraneous body inside the lens is blocking the helicoid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Orio!

Yes, i also tough that was improbable.
I took a look at the photos the seller put on ebay and the ring is exactly in the same position as it's now so, i hope he doesn't try to blame the transport. The lens was so well packaged that was completely impossible to happen any kind of problem.
The seller has a 100% (153) feedback, why does it had to happen with me? Especially in a lens that looks so mint.

I'll wait for his answer. In this kind of situation, what is your experience? Generally the seller returns the money to the buyer and assumes the shipping costs to send the item back?

I hope to solve this soon...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimlizard wrote:

I'll wait for his answer. In this kind of situation, what is your experience? Generally the seller returns the money to the buyer and assumes the shipping costs to send the item back?
I hope to solve this soon...

It depends from seller really. Honest ones will always accept to refund item's price plus the shipping to your way. Amongst them, some are very good and also refund you the shipping back costs, others instead refuse to reunf shipping back costs. A few ask for a restocking fee, but if this is not written in the acceptance clauses on the auction, then you can refuse to.