Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First test with Super Takumar 28mm / 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: First test with Super Takumar 28mm / 3.5 Reply with quote

Sunflower, my first image with lens.

Bumblebee, 100% crop from very windy field!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic image quality in the first picture!

Did you use a polarizer?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Fantastic image quality in the first picture!

Did you use a polarizer?

Thanks. No, I draw the levels in Photoshop a bit, but not very much though (didn't want to change to much).
The sky was very blue and I'm a bit surprised that the sunflower look like it's sunshine on it, because it wasn't that much sun... just between cloudy and sunny, if you know what I mean.
The aperture I think was quite small.
The flower is on my gardentable, so I had a lot of oppotunity to look from different angles.

One regret: the birchtree in the background really annoys me!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes - and I shot .jpg in the Canon camera, decided to try that for a while instead of raw Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Mattias! nice shot
superb lightning, composition & colors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results Mattias!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! Great colours and sharpness from this little lens, I must use mine more. I don't care about the tree, it's just nice to see some sunshine! Smile

(Yet another grey day here today.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

peterqd wrote:
I must use mine more.

According to zewrak the quality varys much from copy to copy, his copy not being so sharp. This is one of the later manufactured, -66 I think.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
Thanks Smile

peterqd wrote:
I must use mine more.

According to zewrak the quality varys much from copy to copy, his copy not being so sharp. This is one of the later manufactured, -66 I think.

Mine is the S-M-C version, part number 43872, so it's even later. It's impossible to make a proper comparison with two people and two different cameras, but I can try to get the best out of mine (when it stops raining)! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Mine is the S-M-C version, part number 43872, so it's even later.

Nice, then it's probably good Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot has to do with production tolerances AND life experience (nature and nurture? LOL) Of my 2 Taks and 1 SMC-A, the SMC-A is slightly better, then followed by the Super and finally the SMC. The differences are so slight that they are insignificant. But thy are there, the jpeg sizes of the same shot tell the story.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is no chance in hell that my Super Tak would be that sharp, I have the model prior to Proms. though.

Also worth noting is that the Pentax-K SMC-M 28mm I had did not perform that well either. So now I am on the look for the same as Prometheus got, to see if it is me that sucks so badly or if it is that the Super Tak with part number 43871 is just superior (Mine was an earlier one with 58mm filter ring).

I tested my lens on a tripod on a well lit flowerpot and the result was nowhere near that sunflower. I took several shots, because I was so disappointed with it.

Kind of explains all the mixed reviews of the lens though.