Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Zeiss mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: New Zeiss mount Reply with quote

http://www.zeiss.com/photo

Could be EF , could be that new micro 4/3, we'll see .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting!
Thanks for the heads-up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The logical move would be the EF mount. If it won't be an AF lens would be interesting to see a EF mount lens with only electronical contacts and an aperture ring anthough it won't be a new thing. Leica makes AF lens with aperture ring in the 4/3 format but is usable only on Panasonic cameras. On Olympus the aperure is controled only through the body.
Or maybe the lens will be just like EF lens just with out AF, without aperture ring but with a well damped focusing ring. There are more solutions but I think won't be a stop-down lens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are right, and the mount is EF with focus confirmation built in, this could mean:

- great new lenses to choose from, for people with large lens budget

- a drop in price of the used Contax lenses, for people with smaller lens budget (and also possibly many good Contax exemplars put for sale to finance purchase of the new mount lenses)

This would therefore benefit everybody.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they will be made to fit the new Sony FF (A900?).

A-mount rules Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
If you are right, and the mount is EF with focus confirmation built in, this could mean:

- great new lenses to choose from, for people with large lens budget

- a drop in price of the used Contax lenses, for people with smaller lens budget (and also possibly many good Contax exemplars put for sale to finance purchase of the new mount lenses)

This would therefore benefit everybody.

Be assured, I will be one of those queueing up to buy those used Contax lens. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:

A-mount rules Very Happy

But those already exist , at least some of them . The Zeiss ZA lens : http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/42b1e57ea6944280c12572820048463e

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it seems that Zeiss collaborates to a line of AF lenses for the Sony cameras, so the choice of implementing manual lenses would feel somehow contradictory.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
lahnet wrote:

A-mount rules Very Happy

But those already exist , at least some of them . The Zeiss ZA lens : http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/42b1e57ea6944280c12572820048463e

Orio wrote:
Also, it seems that Zeiss collaborates to a line of AF lenses for the Sony cameras, so the choice of implementing manual lenses would feel somehow contradictory.

Maybe, but I think they are to the new FF A900(?)