Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oleander flowers (almost nocturnal)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Oleander flowers (almost nocturnal) Reply with quote

The Oleander is my favorite tree and the one on my balcony has just started to bloom this week.
A few minutes ago I went out with the camera trying to catch them in the "blue hour", which in my own personal opinion, is the best time of the day to photograph flowers.
I used the 5D at 1600 ISO, hand-held, and the classic 50mm, the Planar 1.4.

I hope you like them:

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/1829/ole0rh4.jpg

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/236/ole1ty3.jpg

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them.
Not to much noise considering ISO used.
First one you focused on the leaf, being centered.
Second one seems that you missed it.

Sorin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
I like them.
Not to much noise considering ISO used.
First one you focused on the leaf, being centered.
Second one seems that you missed it.
Sorin

Yes good ISO, this is the best part of the 5D, it's fully useable also at 1600 ISO. Also what you see it the camera output, I did not denoise.

Focus, yes I missed it. It was very dark and I did not have the FA assist adapter on. There is just a little part of petals in focus. But I like the shapes and colours, so I kept the shot. It was meant to be an impressionistic image in any case.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Orio!
Especially when we consider the conditions for these shots, it's a great result!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I like these. You just reminded me that I have a small Oleander in my back yard! I better go get a few shots.

Thanks

Jules

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found my Oleander. It has not really bloomed yet but it was so beautiful out tonight I went back in got a glass of wine, sat down and just took it all in.

Cheers

Jules

New (old) Super Tak 28