Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40-2 - SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Helios 40-2 - SOLD Reply with quote

Helios 40-2 1.5/85mm Krasnogorsk

I received an enquiry, from a member of this forum, about the possible sale of this lens a couple of weeks ago. I have now offered it to him for sale at 275 GBP + shipping. If he doesn't want it I will change the title of this post to FOR SALE.

The lens is close to MINT - however see notes below. It complete with custom leather case, original caps and 3 filters in original wrapping.

The focussing is smooth (no bumps) but a little stiff - or well damped if you prefer. It is perfectly functional but if I was going to keep the lens, and use it on a regular basis, I would clean and relubricate the helicoids. Alternatively, a few hundred turns might help.

The aperture preset ring moves smoothly with nice clicks, and the stop down ring also moves smoothly. The blades move smoothly without sticking but they appear to be a little loose - see picture (below). I'm not sure what to make of this. I wonder if they were oiled originally and that the oil has now dried out ?

Last edited by sichko on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for this but as a trade with my Nikkor 1.2/55.

http://forum.mflenses.com/wtt-nikkor-s-55-1-2-s-n-228134-with-t10687.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw your your post and was very tempted. I like the idea of a really wide lens. But I want something I can walk around with. The Helios is too heavy and unmanageable. However I did offer someone else first refusal.
I'll give it a few days and get back to you. I would LOVE to get hold of the Nikkor.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios value is double than Nikkor 1.2 NON-AI.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, how heavy is it?
85/1.5 would be lovely on concert shootings but I can move a bit forward with my super-tak 50/1.4 Razz I now it sounds a bit silly but it's the cheaper option Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yalcin - apologies for misunderstanding your name in an earlier post. The lens weighs ~ 0.88 kg which is more than 1.5 times the weight of my camera. The camera lens combination is completely unbalanced - and my hands are arthritic !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has tripod mount Wink Not many 85mm have it..

I suggest to use Sigma , Spiratone, Soligor 135mm f1.8 , bit longer focal length , good enough for this subject at wide open and not expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "first refusal" has generously indicated that he is involved with other deals and he has not kept me waiting. The Helios is now FOR SALE.

@bawang. I don't want to swap at the moment - I find the idea of using an f/1.2 lens very attractive. But I'm not sure that I have the skill/technique to focus such a beast. If the lens doesn't sell, and you still have the Nikkor, maybe I'll get back to you.

@Attila Many thanks for your suggestions. I found the beautiful pictures of your daughter taken with the Spiratone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome! Helios-40-2 is a great lens and very rare especially in this condition.

This is Helios-40-2 quality ...
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/Helios/helios-40-2-_85mm_f1_5_MC/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to deal. Could you please tell me the shipping cost to Bangkok, Thailand?

You can contact me at : aungdayee@yahoo.com

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in touch in an hour or so.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John is an amazing person and seller! I'm the lucky guy who bought this one Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lazzaros, how lucky you are ! Congrats!