Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

black Biotar 1.5/75 - ever seen?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: black Biotar 1.5/75 - ever seen? Reply with quote

Ever seen this one?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just on Ebay one copy. Is it factory made ? Do you have it ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, for sale at photoarsenal at a price you could probably buy a complete high quality medium format set.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, don't have that (of course), just wondered since I never heard about it...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is never made in serial , I guess also perhaps made from a genuine silver one or just simple fake lens made by talented russians like like copies Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very suspicious of the finish, as that type of paint was not usual with CZJ black lenses of the period - presumably late 1950's-early 1960's. Usually the enamel was gloss, not almost flat like this.

Also, the white paint of the engravings looks too bright and new.

I suspect this is one like mine, with many scuffs and blemishes on the aluminum, that was overhauled. There is no way to re-polish the aluminum, so a rather good flat black paint job was put on to cover the imperfections.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that it looks great!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago there was a black one for sale on eBay, it had seen an overhaul, paint job and modification to fit Nikon Ai-mount without adaptor. Range scale had been re-engraved in feet and painted.