Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Richmond with the Kiron 28mm F2 PK mount by Kino Precision
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Richmond with the Kiron 28mm F2 PK mount by Kino Precision Reply with quote

Well another of those lenses that have been purchased at a market for a very handsome price compared to what they sell for on ebay, and have waited for a nice day to shoot with it.
So i went to a boot sale today in Scorton, and found nothing there, but had taken along the Kino 28mm F2 to test, so i drove to Richmond and parked the car up and went for a walk here are some of the results hope you like them.
Very impressed with the way this lens captures blue.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now for some B+W with the same lens seems to work very well IMHO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice !

I like #6 and 10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely area you live in! Nice shots.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set! Really feels rural and tranquil, unlike the other Richmond that I was shooting in today. Interestingly we both photographed the same type of orange berries.

#8 is a pretty idyllic scene and #10 also captures that rustic beauty. They are making me excited about visiting York at Christmas, I really want to go shooting North Yorkshire now!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William, York is splendid for shooting and up here in North Yorkshire / County Durham there is some great places to visit.
Hawes, White scar caves,Raby Castle, Hamsterley Forrest, High Force Waterfalls, Richmond, Buttertubs Pass, Durham city
Coupled with some great roads and my other hobby of driving my softop on these splendid roads it makes for a great time.
I work in York every day so if you are up here you can always give me a shout and go for a drink.
I can introduce you to Guzzler from York brewery if you dont know it yet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be impressed with the way it captures all colours, the waterfall shot is very impressive. Kiron made some good lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie, I have visited York a few times a year all of my life as my mother is from there so I have a lot of relatives that live in the city. I have visited Hawes before but few of the places that far north. Would certainly be up for a drink and possibly a shoot, will be up on the 17th so will let you know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, renders very similarly to the Kiron 2/35 which is also really good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your shots look very good...I have a similar lens Vivitar 28mm f2 made by Kiron and am not impressed so far for it's sharpness, but I will give it another test as f2 is useful for low light conditions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens look awesome! Btw, will it hits the 5D mirror if this is adapted onto a 5D?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice. i have same lens in contax mount and it renders colors similarly on my ep2. i was very pleasantly surprised by this lens, i trust you feel similaly?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rbelyel, yes i like this lens a lot the way it renders colours is very nice and has to be one of my favourite 28mm lenses, but if i had to choose between the pentax-m, konica 28mm f3.5, and the kenlock mc tor i would be hard pressed to choose all are brilliant lenses but the kiron would be slightly ahead on all.
But the kiron, pentax and konica are all expected lenses that deliver based on that they are allready very good. That little kenlock can certainly hold its head up against them and is avery overlooked little gem.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent set. Great looking lens. Will have to keep my eyes open. I never seem to find bargains where I live which is really annoying!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyw wrote:
Excellent set. Great looking lens. Will have to keep my eyes open. I never seem to find bargains where I live which is really annoying!

erm go to boot sales in your area...my last buy about 2 months ago was aluminium case with all as new MTL5, 50mm Tessar, 135m f3.5 Sonnar and Flek 35mm f2.4............ for £18

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
andyw wrote:

erm go to boot sales in your area...my last buy about 2 months ago was aluminium case with all as new MTL5, 50mm Tessar, 135m f3.5 Sonnar and Flek 35mm f2.4............ for £18

Is a boot sale the same as a flea market? Confused

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspen wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
andyw wrote:

Is a boot sale the same as a flea market? Confused

IMO (thinking about the UK).... well I associate a flea market with stalls in a hall or small space, a proper boot sale would be like this:-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just poking my nose in to add that "Boot Sale" is a shortened form of "Car Boot Sale". What we call a car boot in UK is a "trunk" in USA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Just poking my nose in to add that "Boot Sale" is a shortened form of "Car Boot Sale". What we call a car boot in UK is a "trunk" in USA.

A shorter slang version is "bootie" Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots.

I have the slower Kiron 28/2.8, I wonder how they compare.

The sun finally came out today after a long absence but the wind has the trees leaning. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
peterqd wrote:

That's a whole different thing here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
peterqd wrote:

That's a whole different thing here.

Ah guessing...... it might be the same as a "quickie" here Laughing