Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comparison F/1.2 and F/1.4 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Comparison F/1.2 and F/1.4 lenses Reply with quote

Contestants:
- Porst Color Reflex Auto 55mm f/1.2
- SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.4
- Konica Hexanon 57mm f/1.2
- Auto Revuenon 55mm f/1.4

Close object:

Porst lens has the lowest contrast and dimmest colors. Bokeh of the Hexanon is smoothest IMO. Most vivid colors from the Pentax.

100% crops:

Soft image from the Porst wide open. Pretty decent performance of the other three lenses wide open. I think wide open performance of the Hexanon is quite impressive at f/1.2.

Infinity performance:

100% crops: center and corner

I think the Revuenon is the clear winner here, especially for corner performance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting these.
The Revuenon is certainly very good, and the Pentax holds its own rather well too.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really nice set caspert Like 1 . I'll need to come back when I have time to peruse at my leisure.

As an aside, I love the way the vignette works with the way you've set the images up. It looks like you've just unfolded one of those leaflets you can never quite get back the right way. Like paper maps Very Happy It's quite wonderful in itself!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which model SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.4?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benadamx wrote:
which model SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.4?

The first K mount version.