Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Volna-9 shots [7 IMGs].
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Volna-9 shots [7 IMGs]. Reply with quote

Here are few shots from today using the Volna-9.

Number 1 and 2 are shot wide open, 3,4 and 5 should be at f/4, number 6 should be f/5.6 and number 7 is at f/8.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all are good, but no. 4 is excellent.

Very well done Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots... !!
I am in love with its bokeh... Smile when there are not too strong OOF highlights..
Specially in shot no 4 it used so well...

in the watch shot it looks a tad distracting, (could be me ..)
But then again the last shot you have used it to advantage..

This could be nice example to add to the the lens's gallery..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb shots! #4 is shocking good Shocked
nice demonstration of this lens

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are so EXXXXellent! I love the saturation and there's a really good transition from focus to oof. Plus the photos are plain good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WINNERS in every way.

Winners in out of focus background, winners in color, winners ESPECIALLY in the skill of the photographer.

An overused word, but I can't help it: Stunning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number seven with the crystal walrus - the subject matter somehow lets you get aweay with the star-shaped hilights which would otherwise be rather distracting.

Very smooth fallof of focus and smooth-edged oof highlights in this lens at larger apertures (at the expense of some overall sharpness and contrast, sompared to some of your other lenses at this focal length).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, but it's number two that stands out for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots!.

Number 3 scares me....
Whats that?.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

number 3 is a shot of a Peking Duck (Chinese recipe). I took this shot through a window in the china town in Melbourne.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your very positive feedback.
I am afraid I am not really that good but thanks! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply great series with 4 and 7 being my faves! Must have smelled delicious
where the Peking duck was being sold!

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they were selling them it was a kind of a take way food/small restaurant place.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. I remember Melbourne as having the best Chinese and Greek restaurants outside their home countries. The Volna-9 is one of those "secrets" that just can't seem to get out.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
The Volna-9 is one of those "secrets" that just can't seem to get out.

patrickh

I think the same way. From what I've observed, this is the soviet lens with the fewest posted images on Internet, which is a pity. And due to the fact that it has become a rarity not many people will ever get the chance to enjoy what this lens can do.

The first time I saw what this lens is capable wide open I fell in love with it. It was not long ago when LucisPictor has posted a bokeh comparison of his 50s and the lens with the most discerning bokeh was the Volna-9 while all other lenses were quite similar to each other in their rendering. Since then, I wanted to learn more and more about it, I was searching for samples but could not find many and was constantly monitoring eBay for this lens, and as soon as there was one available I snatched it.