Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wollensak Enlarging Raptar 162/4.5 on bellows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Wollensak Enlarging Raptar 162/4.5 on bellows Reply with quote

This is a Wollensak enlarger lens for large-format (I believe, thats why such a long focal length and large size), and is the big brother to my little Wollensak 101/4.5 enlarger lens, they are of the same series as all construction details are identical other than size.

Here it is all dressed up and blinged out with bellows and zebra hood and extension tube -

The reason for the extension tube is to give even more extension of course ! This is a long lens for a small bellows, and to get close to 1:1 it needs a little extra. This is a simple lens without exotic optical formulas, so it needs lots of extension.

This rig is pretty interesting, as it permits a long lens like this a reach from infinity to just about 1:1 . And it stops down to f/32, which is appropriate for macro work.

Sample shots -

These were at f/4.5

These were at f/8-f/22. Unfortunately it was a bad afternoon for outdoor macro, very windy.

And of course, the bird -

crop -

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, really like the building and flower shots! So you're using this on your
DSLR? And with a tripod? You're getting some fantastic detail with that
setup!

Bill

ps, yeah, I was fighting wind today, too, dammit.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

No tripod, handheld on the Pentax K100D.

That image stabilization works VERY well. It can't help much if the subject is moving though.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing - what spectacular results

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb results Luis
sharp wide open at infinite without CA and superb macro details Shocked