Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Processing C41 at home
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Processing C41 at home Reply with quote

Kodak Profoto 100 processed in very old Rayco chemicals. All developing times and temperatures was controlled manually.
In first picture is original colours (big shift to yellow), in second i made a little corrections in PS.
Camera Pentax MZ-M, Jupiter 37A

Last edited by shauttra on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all, after some PS work, for old chemistry.

I've done E-6, but never C-41. Now that I'll be shooting a lot more medium format, though, I'm probably going to start doing my own color developing.

How would you compare C-41 developing to B&W? I've found that E-6 developing is not much more difficult. You just have to make sure the temperature stays constant.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C41 is much more easy compared to E-6, you just need the exact temperature for the developer (37.8°C). Bleach, Fix and Stab will do fine between 24-40°C.
E-6 is much more complicated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 chemicals for c41, developer and bleach/fix. Process is very fast, few times i tried to develop film in room temerature, all i get is another colour shift (more brown). If you dont need perfect c41 negative, but something interesting, original, than it`s not neccessary to respect all rules Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:
I have 2 chemicals for c41, developer and bleach/fix. Process is very fast, few times i tried to develop film in room temerature, all i get is another colour shift (more brown). If you dont need perfect c41 negative, but something interesting, original, than it`s not neccessary to respect all rules Smile

We used to have some great C41 stuff called photocolorII, I used it for negs and printing but the digital age has killed it off. Jessops re-bottled it under their name for a while and I suppose they could re-introduce it if enough people were interested in film development, but..........................

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
but the digital age has killed it off..

It`s true... Lot off cool stuff is gone..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think it's still there, Tetenal is providing their colortec set, for C41 and E-6, developed for home processing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, Shauttra, and great choice in subject matter! Smile