Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Super Ikonta B with Ektachrome 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Zeiss Super Ikonta B with Ektachrome 100 Reply with quote

These photos were taken in about 1990 with a late model Zeiss 532/16 Super Ikonta B with the coated lens (Optar or Tessar -- don't remember now) in a Synchro Compur shutter. One of the best "pocket" cameras ever invented. Folded, it fit easily into a jacket pocket.

The pics were taken at a ranch my parents used to own in Caldwell, Texas. The images were scanned on an Epson 4990 flatbed scanner at 2400 ppi. Some PP was done to all images. I took all the photos during the late afternoon, and it seemed like, wherever there was a good shot to be had, the lighting was rather harsh. I was taking ambient readings using a Gossen Luna Pro meter, so the shadows blocked up, which is typical with slides. Still, I like the textures and the colors this camera captured and I'm willing to put up with the exposure latitude shortcomings.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely stunning!!! Thanks for sharing them!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very lifelike, especially the last one!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT is a pocket camera that's worth having a pocket for Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning set and the first is my fave! Gorgeous colors.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Micheal, great shots. #1 is my fave too !
Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a few more for you. This series was taken during a harbor cruise at San Pedro/Los Angeles Harbor back in 1990 or 1991. I don't recall if I was shooting with Ektachrome or Fujichrome -- I'll have to dig out the slides to see.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Super Ikonta B with Ektachrome 100 Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Absolutely stunning. *rubbing eyes*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colour-shades and detail in #3 is astonishing.

Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon, it is not my intention to highjack the thread. I thought it would be appropriate to post more samples into same topic, as this photo is taken with identical camera and film:

Zeiss Ikonta 532/16 and Tessar 80/2.8 on Ektrachrome 100 @ f/8 1/100s

Quite low-q scan from photostore, but the dimension is almost hand-felt I think.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/mfl_club_members/esoxlucius/zeissikon/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last photo is quite nice too! Excellent detail Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Pardon, it is not my intention to highjack the thread. I thought it would be appropriate to post more samples into same topic, as this photo is taken with identical camera and film

Not a problem, Vilhelm, especially since you had the same outfit. Very nice photo.

*sigh* Wish I still had mine. But at least I now have a couple of decent mf cameras nowadays, so my longing is not so severe anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the lumber texture ...