Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon "Prong"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 am    Post subject: Nikon "Prong" Reply with quote

I've heard it called the prong, rabbit ears, bunny ears, whatever, but I'm searching for a genuine Nikon aperture indexing prong. I don't know if the spacing is different for the earlier solid ones vs the later cutaway ones, but if you have one, I'll measure to see if it will fit.
Yes, some folks are getting stoopid money for these. I'll pass. Here's the deal: I sold a late version non-AI 50mm to a buddy. Apparently when it had been AI'd (not by Nikon), they took the prong off. I bought it and shot it adapted to M4/3, so I never noticed, not even when I took the pics to sell it, before I found out my buddy wanted one. He's shooting it on a 60s Nikkormat (FT?). Got it today, mounted it up, said WTH? and called me. We were both surprised.

Anyway, I'm trying to chase one down (preferably with the screws) for him. The spacing on aftermarket prongs is often different, as I discovered when trying to put an older lens I sold back to useful configuration. If you've got one, please let me know. I get messages from the forum kinda intermittently, so if I'm not back to you immediately, I'm not ghosting you.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, it´s first time i read about prongs missing on a lens. Anway, it would be good idea to let people know where are you located so shipping wouldn´t be an issue. Just had a look in states they ask 24 bucks for a couple of them (evilbay)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be able to stop-down meter without the metering prong, especially on an FT.
It's that extra plunger on top of the camera...
Used prong-less series "E" lenses this way quite a bit.

-D.S.