Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

P. Angenieux 120 mm f1.6 identification
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: P. Angenieux 120 mm f1.6 identification Reply with quote

Hi Guys, (First post here!)

I found a P. Angenieux lens on a flea market (see photos) and although I did not know the lens, I new the name and bought it for 5 euros (greetings from germany Smile). I however did not found anything about this lens online, like nothing at all. It also looks like it is just a part of a lens. I contacted Angenieux on instagram and they could not help me out either. its serial number is 1400913 so according to this previous post on MFlenses it should be from 1974. [http://forum.mflenses.com/angenieux-lenses-by-serial-number-t10297.html].

Would really love to know more about it!

Thanks in advance!

Marco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: P. Angenieux 120 mm f1.6 identification Reply with quote

Marcopetersfilm wrote:
Hi Guys, (First post here!)

I found a P. Angenieux lens on a flea market (see photos) and although I did not know the lens, I new the name and bought it for 5 euros (greetings from germany Smile). I however did not found anything about this lens online, like nothing at all. It also looks like it is just a part of a lens. I contacted Angenieux on instagram and they could not help me out either. its serial number is 1400913 so according to this previous post on MFlenses it should be from 1974. [http://forum.mflenses.com/angenieux-lenses-by-serial-number-t10297.html].

Would really love to know more about it!

Thanks in advance!

Marco

1rst post image cannot appear, spam prevention
nice find, and cheap Very Happy
I guess it either xray lens, TV lens, or projector lens
have you tried to freelensing it? to measure flange distance. if it so close i bet it's xray lens, or TV lens ( i have fujinon 100/0,95 TV lens)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Iaza,

I just googled everything you said but still unable to find this specific lens. But it does looks like a xray projection lens since they are ultra fast. This one is also ultra fast for its given focal length. What can I do with it? Or is there a market for these type of lenses? And can I open it and maybe like clean it (like I know how to deconstruct vintage lenses but is there something about xray that makes this impossible (coating wise or something))

Thanks in advance!

Marco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this with us. By the way, if you want to start your own restaurant then you can visit here ogscapital.com/business-plan/restaurant-business-plan/ to read restaurant business plans which will help you in starting your new business.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcopetersfilm wrote:
Hi Iaza,

I just googled everything you said but still unable to find this specific lens. But it does looks like a xray projection lens since they are ultra fast. This one is also ultra fast for its given focal length. What can I do with it? Or is there a market for these type of lenses? And can I open it and maybe like clean it (like I know how to deconstruct vintage lenses but is there something about xray that makes this impossible (coating wise or something))

Thanks in advance!

Marco

I have never seen one before. Being Angenieux, it is worth something, no matter what. My guess also is that it is an x-ray lens. It should be no problem to remove the front retaining ring and take out the front element(s) for cleaning. Nothing special about x-ray lenses. Many x-ray lenses have a very short flange distance and/or limited image circle. I would freelens it by holding it in front of a camera body and seeing how it focuses and how large the image circle is. Would love to see some shots with it.