Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help, don't know what I bought
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Need help, don't know what I bought Reply with quote

Bought something online for 75€, now I am considering if I should go get it (300km away) or just ask for it to be mailed (chance of breaking the lens).

I think it might be a Leica or Leitz. I am certainly hoping so Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the picture on first post so here is another try.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's likely to be Leica.
It's a long focal length lens with squeeze/follow focus similar to one made by Novaflex & the remainder of the gear seems to be Canon FD mount....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Devnull0, you bought a Novoflex Schnellschuss, type B-Grip with an 400mm lens mounted. They had 2 versions of the 400mm lens.

If the lens is marked: T-Noflexar, it will be the triplett head. The other 400mm head is just an achromat.

You are still able to buy all diffrent adapters for it, even MFT!

I will hope, the information can help you a littlebit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Need help, don't know what I bought"

Ah! A true lens collector. Welcome Wink .

[I thought I'd leave the wisecrack until you were sorted out].

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen a lens like this before. This is a very unique lens. I will save it with my friend because he works as a videographer. He always explores new places to make videos and take pictures. He is also a very nice person. He always helps me. He is good at searching also and he shared https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/tv/ site me because I asked him to help me in writing an essay.

Last edited by NickIMesserly on Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, indeed teh NOVOFLEX Schnellschuss-System; have it too ... somewhere Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickIMesserly wrote:
I have never seen a lens like this before. This is a very unique lens. I will save it with my friend because he works as a videographer. He always explores new places to make videos and take pictures. He is also a very nice person. He always helps me. He is good at searching also and he shared writinguniverse site me because I asked him to help me in writing an essay.

How often do you use essay writing services? I'm just completely new to all this, and it's very scary to fall for unscrupulous performers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lineagerqq wrote:
NickIMesserly wrote:
I have never seen a lens like this before. This is a very unique lens. I will save it with my friend because he works as a videographer. He always explores new places to make videos and take pictures. He is also a very nice person. He always helps me. He is good at searching also and he shared writinguniverse site me because I asked him to help me in writing an essay.

How often do you use essay writing services? I'm just completely new to all this, and it's very scary to fall for unscrupulous performers.

Any writing service that hasn't reached tautology yet gets nothing from me.
Thank You Dog
Very unique indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like y'all got the Novoflex part pretty much worked out. Nobody's mentioned much about the Canon stuff, so I thought I would. You have a Canon FD 50mm f/3.5 macro lens with a life-size adapter and the original box (a plus to collectors). The "life size adapter" is an extension tube. By itself, the lens focuses down to 1:2. With the adapter, it will focus down to 1:1. Is the camera included? It looks to be a 1st generation Canon FTb, a great workhorse. Black ones are worth somewhat more than chrome ones, especially if they're in clean condition.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the novoflex pigriff is excellent for steadying the long lens and while the T variety has a flatter field, the achromat will serve well paying attention to where you put the forcus point. I believe the Swiss lens expert writing under the name of stephan did post some pictorial examples.

I note that the picture shows the bellows at the rear; with those the closeup capability of the outfit is much better tahn just with the pigiff. You may wish to regrease the slioding mechanism off the handle: an easy task.Be careful not to force the mechanism with locking screws tightened.

p.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would strongly advise against carrying this around with you near public events with hightened security (Royals, VIP politicians etc.).

I'm not kidding.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying is one thing, but learning how to use it is another.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karnitine wrote:
Buying is one thing, but learning how to use it is another.)

For a change, this one looks rather intuitive. Which probably means it is anything but...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apart from steadying while releasing, no problems beyond looking after the locking screw settings. (and remember the field curvature when focussing if you do not use the T version).

Novoflex bellow rails are made of aluminium, so the racktracks at the lockimg point will disappear if the pinions are forced. I learnt this when once having lent a set to a less than careful user.

A footnote to the ADMIN, do add NOvofflex pigriff to the first post headline; since there is very little to find about this device just looking at MF heqadlines.
p.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTE TO ADMIN:

Do change the name of this line of posts so that it will be easier to find-

----------------

More tchnical info ad this device; the adapters ffrom the 1960es with the special Novoflex bayonet connection at the Pigriff end can even today be ordered from the makers at Memmingen for almost any camera. They provided me quickly with an adapter for Nikon Z.

I would like to see other makers taking similar responsibility for their ancient products.

p.