Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Manual Focus Lenses WITH "chip" Aperture EXIF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Manual Focus Lenses WITH "chip" Aperture EXIF Reply with quote

Greetings, this is my first post since discovering this site a few days ago. I have been looking for manual focus/aperture lenses that couple EXIF info to the Sony E-Mount system, specifically Alpha A7R2 and A5000 bodies. The only lenses I've found that completely fit this requirement are from Voigtlander such as the NOKTON Classic 35mm F/1.4 which typically is only available from Japan for a nice sum around US $600. Has anyone found other manual lenses that transmit EXIF info (aperture would be enough) to the Sony E-Mount system? Sony and other AF lenses would work except that the focus is sometimes electronic and most have no aperture ring, not to mention the exorbitant price of the better lenses. Thanks in advance for any info one may be able to share.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/legacy-lenses-custom-sony-app-to-record-exif-data-t78611.html

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but, it works on my A7R2 and NEX 5R.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Mendolia wrote:
http://forum.mflenses.com/legacy-lenses-custom-sony-app-to-record-exif-data-t78611.html

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but, it works on my A7R2 and NEX 5R.

That APP looks very interesting, unfortunately the link returns a 404. But it does make a point that there is a way to tell the Alpha what to imbed in the EXIF. I'll keep an eye out for a similar way to do that. Thank you for the reference.