Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning a pentax smc 200mm f4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Cleaning a pentax smc 200mm f4 Reply with quote

This is a relatively simple lens to clean.

1. 3 screws revealed at minimum focus....
2. ..release the front barrel.
3. The whole front optical block can now be unscrewed from the helicoid assembly
4. I put acetone around the lip of the front element to soften thread locker, but when I tried to uncrew it the block separated in the middle. 2 elements in each side. It was the second element I needed to remove to get at the rear side of the front element, readily accomplished with a lens spanner.
Further disassembly of the block is likely to require perseverence with thread locker solvent like acetone and elbow grease.
5. 3 small screws to remove the rear light baffle. Note that the plate with a rectangular hole in is just glued in place - likely to come loose.
6. There is another baffle connecting to the rear element. When I applied a lens spanner to this it came out with the rear element...
7. ... so simple to clean. Note I didn't need to remove the mount.
8. A view of the iris.