Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB: Parts/Donor Auto Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.4 w/good optics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: WTB: Parts/Donor Auto Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.4 w/good optics Reply with quote

I have a sample of this lens that's mint except for some fungal etching on the front and rear elements. If you have a non-working (bad helical, broken aperture, dented, etc) parts/donor lens with good optics, perhaps we can make a deal!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,
Be careful about the Nikkor S 50 1.4 as they made it for many years and there are just as many variations in construction. They even vary in the attachment of the rear mount. I could not even move an AI kit from one to another. Anyway, you should be able to find another mint lens for the price of a donor. It is a great lens to have in a vintage kit.
Pete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Brian,
Be careful about the Nikkor S 50 1.4 as they made it for many years and there are just as many variations in construction. They even vary in the attachment of the rear mount. I could not even move an AI kit from one to another. Anyway, you should be able to find another mint lens for the price of a donor. It is a great lens to have in a vintage kit.
Pete

Thanks for the info. To clarify, I am looking for the early, Non-Ai version.