Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[SOLD] Minolta XD7 (black)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: [SOLD] Minolta XD7 (black) Reply with quote

I'm selling my 2nd Minolta XD/XD7/XD11 body. I kept it in case the other one needed any spare parts but since I got my Sony A7, I've barely been using my film cameras.

The body is in near-perfect condition on the outside but it has a couple of flaws on the inside:

- The light seals & mirror dampers are starting to fall apart

- There is some dirt on the mirror (I think it's part of the mirror damper that has started to disintegrate)

- The shutter release only works reliably when the mechanical shutter speeds ("B" & "O") are used. The electronic speeds usually start working again (for a while) after a couple of shots using the mechanical speeds.
I'm not quite sure why but since the trigger button's travel is longer when using the mechanical speeds, I suspect that the electronic speeds are triggered by a contact somewhere along the way that is dirty or corroded.
Using the mechanical speeds seems to rub that contact clean enough to start working again.

I lack the skills & equipment to fix it up myself but given the condition of the body, it would certainly be worth the effort, if anyone wants to give it a try...

Price:
    50 (or make me an offer, I'm not really sure about that price...)

Shipping:
    Germany: 5 (DHL Paket)
    Worldwide: 10 (incl. tracking) / 12 (incl. tracking & insurance)

EDIT: more details on the consition:
The displayed shutter speeds (in M & A mode) and apertures (in S mode) match the center-weighted metering of my Sony A7 quite well (wihtin ~1/2 stop). The shutter seems to be doing what it's supposed to at all speeds, I can't tell you if all the speeds are exactly correct but they certainly aren't far off.

The meter reacts to the compensation dial as it should, the dial firmly clicks into place at the -2, -1, 0 and +1 positions but doesn't quite reach the +2 position (the effect on the light meter doesn't reach +2 either, it seems to be about +1.5 stops). Maybe some dirt has worked itself into the mechanism, I didn't want to force it. The locking spring seems to be in good condition though, the dial clicks into place much more firmly than on any other XD I've seen. The self-timer works without any hiccups, the shutter is triggered ~25 from vertical and the lever doesn't stop before it's all the way back to the vertical position.

Last edited by Boris_Akunin on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Boris!

I would like to buy this.

I've sent you a PM to discuss! Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
Hi Boris!

I would like to buy this.

I've sent you a PM to discuss! Cheers.

I hope I've answered all your question. In the meantime, I've looked up the details for shipping to Australia.

According to Deutsche Post, the "letter" (max. allowed volume is 90 liters but it's still called a letter for some reason...) should take 4-7 days or 6-9 days (depending on where on their website you look) to Australia, tracking within Australia would take an additional 3.

If there's something I can do to minimise customs fees & delays (declared value, packaging, etc.), let me know.

best regards,
Jan