Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

lenkinap 75mm f2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: lenkinap 75mm f2 Reply with quote

Hello all. I am wondering if anyone has information on this cine lens. It is a lenkinap 75mm f2. From what I understand it was intended for 35mm cameras and was made by lomo, but there is very little to no information available online. The front plate reads Lenkinap (in russian...) P060-1 F=7.5cm 1:2. It looks like it has been adapted for a cine camera I can't identify (but I have little to no experience with 35mm cine lenses). The adapter reads "made in france". You can see the mount in photos 2 and 3. Any information on the lens or the mount would be appreciated!
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an early LOMO lens (before the merger of different optical plants in Leningrad into the LOMO 1962). For Konvas 35mm film cameras. The mount is a later addition. You can expect a somewhat soft rendition, a 'film' look, if you find a way to mount it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancester of RO2-2. Planar type (6/4).
LenKinAp was a plant in Leningrad manufacturing cine optics (Leningrad Kino Apparatus) before the fusion of most of Leningrand plants into LOMO as stated above.

You can expect very good results. The working distance is enough long to be adapted on M42 by talented artisan (it's not that long to accept simple adaptation witout helicoidal).
It cover not bad Fullframe (some vignetting wide open, nothing critical)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys. A better research online revealed similar things. This must be the next version of the same lens: http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1519.html#prettyPhoto. As is this one: http://www.rafcamera.com/en/optical-block-of-lomo-lenkinap-2-75mm-lens-ro60-2-601780. Not much for the R060-1, but I guess there shouldn't be many differences. It also has a red P, which if I am not mistaken means that it is part of the best bunch of similar lenses made. I am curious about the camera mount though. It is obviously added later, and is huge. Couldn't find anything about the type of camera it could have been attached to though. Anyway, thanks again for the info.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red P only means that it's coated.
Later they removed it since all lenses were coated, no sense to mention it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
The red P only means that it's coated.
Later they removed it since all lenses were coated, no sense to mention it.

There are two 'versions' about the meaning of the red P. The second one says that given the tolerances in the fabrication of the soviet lenses, the ones that were closer to the 'target', ie performing better, were getting the red P. But I guess the one about the coating sounds more credible...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Red P stands for a chemical (i.e. mechanically sensitive, so be careful when cleaning) coating applied using MgF2 (Magnesiumfluoride), it has never been a quality sign, to my knowledge.

And as Pierre arlready stated, your lens is older, it is an ancestor of the later lenses you showed the links to.

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, AFAIK, the red П stand for Просветление, which means coating.
You can find explanation here : http://www.zenitcamera.com/qa/qa-indexes.html#n1 (I consider Zenitcamera to be a reliable source)
Also note that it exist "chemical coating", noted by a X (Химическое (просветление) ? that would mean chemical (coating)).
You can find this X on some military (or aerial?) lenses. Exemple here on my Telemar-17 400/6.3

I had a discussion about this X with owner of zenitcamera, it was his conclusion also (X = chemical).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Klaus, AFAIK, the red П stand for Просветление, which means coating.
You can find explanation here : http://www.zenitcamera.com/qa/qa-indexes.html#n1 (I consider Zenitcamera to be a reliable source)
Also note that it exist "chemical coating", noted by a X (Химическое (просветление) ? that would mean chemical (coating)).
You can find this X on some military (or aerial?) lenses. Exemple here on my Telemar-17 400/6.3

I had a discussion about this X with owner of zenitcamera, it was his conclusion also (X = chemical).

I had heard different opinions about the P and the X, maybe it all started a chemical coating (first ever was chemical), then that
P sign for coating was simply kept, as the meaning was well known. Who knows...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mount is an original Debrie, for the Parvo camera.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

screwunscrew wrote:
The mount is an original Debrie, for the Parvo camera.

Thanks! It would have been impossible to figure that out on my own.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught this strange 28/2 movie lens many years ago, and found the same lens listed on ebay a few months ago with descritions like this:

'35mm film cameras such as the COP plant "LenKINAP" produced since 1938. The first Soviet newsreel manual 35mm camera with a spring drive. CS-Series is a copy of camera production Eyemo Bell & Howel. In subsequent years, the famous Soviet movie camera Konvas was made on the basis of this camera. For cine lenses produced f-28; 35; 50; 75; 135 mm. This lens is in very good condition. The lenses are clean, free from damage and dust. The lens is released in 1940, under the number №32. This is evident from the serial number on the front panel. This is a very early model labeling oks and there is not yet listed Such lenses are a museum rarity! Ш-1-б. (not for the buyer. the cipher storage)'

I think it has the same mount as yours.

The lens has a unique construction. I have to fasten a screw to fix the apeature before I could focus. It is a very sharp uncoated lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the lens for sale? looking for the very mount.