Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

infinity test Canon LTM f1.4 50mm / RF normal lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: infinity test Canon LTM f1.4 50mm / RF normal lens Reply with quote

member tb_a, Thomas had asked me for infinity test of the <Canon LTM f1.4/50mm, see: http://forum.mflenses.com/advice-sought-for-ltm-50mm-lens-selection-t72280,start,50.html

also included:
Canon LTM f1.8 'black', Canon LTM f1.8 Serenar, Canon Serenar f1.5/50 and Helios 103 f1.8/53
all shots taken RAW with Sony A7 @f5.6
imported in LR and edited: Auto WB, + 25 whites, - 25 blacks, + 10 clarity ( these old lenses require some added contrast anyway, and today is a very grey day ), exported as jpeg
+ my user error, take with Serenar f1.5 was underexposed, +3,3 exposure in LR

the scene:

100& crops, not really center, but near to, on top of center:
Canon f1.4

Canon black f1.8

Canon Serenar f1.8

Canon Serenar f1.5

Helios 103

and 100% crops of far top right corner:
f1.4

f1.8

Serenar f1.8

Serenar f1.5 ( focused on the building seen in center crops, if focused to the corner it may fare better, Sonnar typically have strong field curverture )

Helios

I may repeat the test on a better day, possibly better motive and more lenses
cheers, andreas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Andreas.

Interesting result. In terms of corner performance overall the Helios seems to be best. However, it's the most modern lens of that sample and no LTM as well.

Apart from that really the Canon F1.4 performs best, but the CA's are rather extreme. More than expected.

Corner sharpness was obviously not an issue for the old RF lenses. That's now more than obvious.

Unfortunately you don't have any Summicron in your rather huge collection. Maybe we could eventually collaborate for a joint RF lens test sometimes somewhere?
Would be interesting.
Also the inclusion of my Nokton F1.5 and some other ones you might not have for comparison on FF would be interesting.

Greets,