Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer SL APO Lanthar serial numbers production volumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of serials collected gives a sample large enough to make this an accurate assessment of the production volumes, so there is no reason to continue this project anymore. You can read the original post, updated in November 2012 with up-to-date information here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlaender-sl-apo-lanthar-serial-numbers-production-volumes-t24547.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

180mm 9340211 PENTAX screw mount

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: CV 125 EF Reply with quote

CV 125 APO Canon EF mount
SN 9130346 Japan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APO-Lanthar 125/2.5 in rare A-mount
s/n 9140385 Made in Japan

If somebody interested, I´ve this lens for sale on FM for $ 1870 shipped WW incl. PP fees, here I can´t post a topic on Marketplace as I don´t have enough posts here Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago a Nikon version finished in the UK for $1130 / EUR1037 in MINT condition (complete in box),
are the prices finally getting back to "normal"??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
A few days ago a Nikon version finished in the UK for $1130 / EUR1037 in MINT condition (complete in box),

I think so. Thanks to the Zeiss APO Sonnar 135/2. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
kds315* wrote:

I think so. Thanks to the Zeiss APO Sonnar 135/2. Wink

Yep, that and the other new ZEISS Apo lenses ... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks an excellent Nikon mount CV 2.5/125mm sold in the UK for EUR980,
the prices are coming down obviously.... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

The second-hand prices for the Zeiss 135 APO have come down quite a bit too and probably all reflects the soft market for photo gear. Only natural that the Voigtländer would follow suit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james wrote:
kds315* wrote:

The second-hand prices for the Zeiss 135 APO have come down quite a bit too and probably all reflects the soft market for photo gear. Only natural that the Voigtländer would follow suit.

That was predictable anyway. Once the peak is reached the marked will regulate the prices. The initial hype based on the introduction of mirrorless cameras seems to be over now. Hopefully. Wink

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

180mm serial 9340827 in OM mount. Looking forward to using it on the Sony A7r II Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Lostboy,I hope to see some images posted on the forum, with that lens and camera Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Welcome to the forum Lostboy,I hope to see some images posted on the forum, with that lens and camera Very Happy

Thanks, its size and weight make it a fantastic travel solution for a longer lens too. Now I just need my adapter to be delivered, haha.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always seem to be waiting on adapters...that can't come quick enough.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 125 APO with serial number 9120865 (first Nikon run). The curious thing is that it's labeled as Cosina, not Voigtländer - not only the lens itself, but also the screw-in cap and the hood.

I've never seen any other APO Macro labeled as Cosina, and I've specifically seen earlier ones (by serial no) with "Voigtländer" markings.

Any info on how many lenses were sold as "Cosina"?

(In case the inline image does not work: www.chr-breitkopf.de/tmp/V125.jpg)

Last edited by bokesan on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bokesan wrote:
I have a 125 APO with serial number 9120865 (first Nikon run). The curious thing is that it's labeled as Cosina, not Voigtländer - not only the lens itself, but also the screw-in cap and the hood.

I've never seen any other APO Macro labeled as Cosina, and I've specifically seen earlier ones (by serial no) with "Voigtländer" markings.

Any info on how many lenses were sold as "Voigtländer"?

(In case the inline image does not work: www.chr-breitkopf.de/tmp/V125.jpg)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received an LTM 90/3.5, serial 9060312 - just under US$400, so a reasonable bargain for a lens in excellent condition. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend on the little EOS M5. Counting myself lucky that the LTM->EF-M adapter arrived on Friday; I'm still waiting for about five or six adapters that I ordered at the same time about a month ago from various assorted Chinese eBay vendors.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 125mm Nikon mount Reply with quote

I purchased my Voigtlander 125mm last year on Fred Miranda. The serial is 9120671, first year of production. It’s currently mounted on my D850. In the next month it will travel to CameraQuest so that Stephen can run it through his CV spa. Smile I also own a Voigtlander 40mm SLII pancake, a great lens for my Df.

Does anyone have experience pairing the CV 125 with a TC-14a? Just curious why and how the results looked.

I scanned the earlier posts... did I miss a link to the spreadsheet? (I did see the one about concern about sharing the Excel file on Google docs.)

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Reuben0 wrote:
VSL Auto-Topcor 58mm f1.4 Ai/s: 9410041x

Just double checked - the Auto-Topcor does indeed have the above serial number inscribed on the front ring.

HTH,
Reuben0

Great news. This is new to me, first time I encounter this serial range. I will update data accordingly

BTW Vilhelm, I finally realised (9 years later Rolling Eyes) why the 58mm SLI has an 8-digit rather than the usual 7-digit serial number.
Cosina very faithfully copied the original Tokyo Kogaku engravings and the original lenses had 8-digit serials as seen here:

https://flic.kr/p/2cNYVcW
https://flic.kr/p/pw97wP

Cheers,
Reuben0