Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What means projection lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: What means projection lens? Reply with quote

Hi,
I think I have read here and there in this forum about projection lenses in relation to mounting old lenses on new DSLRs I think
So what is that exactly?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What means projection lens? Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,
I think I have read here and there in this forum about projection lenses in relation to mounting old lenses on new DSLRs I think
So what is that exactly?

Thanks.

projection lenses are lenses taken from projectors, mostly slide projectors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in case you're too young to know what a slide projector is, it's a hardware version of PowerPoint that was used in prehistoric times by cavemen. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lenses don't have a helicoid, must be focused with bellows or additional helicoid. A simple lightsave (cardboard-)tube and pushing the lens for- and backwards may work for testing too.
Projection lenses have no aperture, are used wide open, so picture quality is not the most crisp, but for potrait fits well.

Sometimes You'll find a projector in the trash bin, because most people went digital and don't "throw their slides at the wall" anymore....