Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Camera identification help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Camera identification help Reply with quote

Hi forumers,
a user of an italian photography forum asked help in identifying a set of old cameras. I did my best on ten, but one does not show brands or marks, and ultimately I'm not a camera collector Smile. I even wonder if it's a camera...
Can you understand something from these pictures? I imagine the front side could be sufficient for some experts among you. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no expert on the subject but from what i could find on google it looks like a falling plate camera.

Interesting to know more about it

I am sure someone around here will know the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a 'falling late magazine camera' The sticker on the side appears to be written in Italian - possibly spanish. The lens cap has the letters BO on them possibly a clue to the maker.

Our friends over at http://cameracollector.proboards.com/ may be able to help. I'll link in your pictures and get back...

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both and yes, the sticker is in Italian (I have not deciphered it completely, but it seems instructions related to "slow" and maybe something not functioning). At least the kind of camera is known (and I see on Ebay that such kind of cameras do not sleigher much, even if old...).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a better picture of the front? The model name is there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps pictures without the bright light in the background would help.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be one of these or its brother. Look inside.

http://lommen9.home.xs4all.nl/murer/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked for a better picture (of course suggesting a better angle Smile , he is not a photographer -just having a number of old cameras), but trying to take the picture, he found is a Murers Express Newness, so mystery solved, thanks Smile. Phil was right.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, not all my work, I had help. McKeowns guide suggest it is about 1900, made in Milano, Italy. value about $55- $85. In my opinion, McKeowns can be spot on with things like this.

From the page of my guide