Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Garden of the Gods
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Garden of the Gods Reply with quote

I went to the Garden of the Gods yesterday to do some hiking and photography. I shot with both black and white and Velvia 100 color slide film in the 4x5 camera. I developed the B&W last night and am scanning them now, the slide film will have to be sent out for processing.

I'm trying a new staining developer called Pyrocat MC for these negatives. It is supposed to stain the silver crystals so that you get more information in the highlights. It seems to be working as I am getting what I consider to be very good definition in what were overcast skies. with just a yellow filter, or even none, I am getting more defined skies than I would have gotten with my normal developers, even with a deep red filter for the type of skies that were there yesterday.

Anyway, here are a couple photos I just finished scanning. I'll be adding more as I finish them. I'll also add the color slides once they get processed.

Taken with a Zone VI 4x5 camera and Fujinon 125mm F5.6 lens and Ektar 203mm lens. Shot on Foma 200 film and developed in Pyrocat MC for 8.5 minutes, rotary processed.

Tower of Babel - Garden of the Gods by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Garden of the Gods - 2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Last edited by Colorado CJ on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work. Second one is really nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificent, both of them!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

Here are a couple more.

Garden of the Gods - Pikes Peak by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Garden of the Gods 1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr