Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LEICA 90MM F/2.8 ELMARIT R on Canon 60d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: LEICA 90MM F/2.8 ELMARIT R on Canon 60d Reply with quote

This is a simple field test of my "new" LEICA 90MM F/2.8 ELMARIT R (Late 3 CAM).

All images are hand-held. Before you give me a lecture about what a bad boy I am for not living on a tripod, please look at my work first. Very Happy
https://www.flickr.com/photos/majorblack/

Most images are shot wide open.

100% crop of above image.

In short, I am in love with this lens. Very sharp wide ope, deals with flare well, wonderful colors and bokeh. Plus it's small!
Totally in love. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that you're happy Mark!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be always happy with a LEICA lens ! (with few exceptions)

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
You'll be always happy with a LEICA lens ! (with few exceptions) Wink

As the old photographers in my town used to say:
"If it's difficult to decide what camera and lenses to buy then buy a Leica and you'll never need to worry anymore!" Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Rolf wrote:
You'll be always happy with a LEICA lens ! (with few exceptions) Wink

As the old photographers in my town used to say:
"If it's difficult to decide what camera and lenses to buy then buy a Leica and you'll never need to worry anymore!" Wink

Yep !

Normally someone has no more money to buy something else after that - so you have to live with the LEICA stuff Laughing Laughing

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth every penny. That said, it does have some CA wide open. Not a big deal for me.

What is a big deal is that I find this lens very easy to focus, and I get a high number of keepers. I was surprised how well it deals with flair. Very comfortable to hand-hold with a 55mm diameter. Looking forward to shooting some people with it.

^100% crop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and sharp and I'm sure you're able to manage to work with that visible CA.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Klaus! Does anyone know if it is required to use ELPRO "Type 3" for my 90/2.8 Elmarit R 3 CAM?
This is what's suggested here: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/90mm_f/2.8_Elmarit-R_II

I see many ELPRO's are 55mm, which may work? Just want to make sure I get the correct one.
Leica n00b here!

EDIT: Will post my question as a topic. Smile

LATEST EDIT: Just bought the proper ELPRO. Arrives in a week.
Happy, happy.
Razz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one more, plus the story of my cat, Eno watching the leaves blowing outside our window.
This was @3.5, too high an ISO but just a quick snap in low light.

Captain Eno sounded the alarm as millions of invading leaves took to the sky! Moments after this was taken, as we both looked out of the window, a large piece of metal fell from the sky, hitting the power line- BOOM!
We lost power in half of our space. Luckily my hard drive that I was working on survived it. Emergency lights are on in the hallway. Highest Portland winds since 1971, 67 MPH.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! It's a fantastic lens, and that pic with the cat a fantastic shot , congrats for the new "toy",

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, you may find that aly LBA/GAS will have switched to mostly Leica lenses. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles, thanks! Lightshow, that thought certainly was in my mind. Madly in love with this lens now. ELPRO arrives Wed. More then!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cute cat portrait!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, that Leica look. Very nice! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat portrait !!! stunning