Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M-Rokkor f2/40mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: M-Rokkor f2/40mm Reply with quote

this is the early version which has single coating which is reported to be identical to the Leitz Summicron-C, there is a later version with multi coating that is said to be the better lens.
samples taken on Ricoh GXR M
1 'Alpenvorland' Austria

2 'Blasmusik' Austria

3 Saigon

4 wide open

5 'Rush Hour' Osaka

6 wide open

7 Saigon

8 'Momiji' Japan

no saturation boost or any other special editing on this last, sorry for the noise, handheld at little light at highest ISO, lens wide open, 1/40sec.

Last edited by kuuan on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeesch sans die buam!!!

Quite nice ones, a bit lacking contrast as expected against the light.

Had that and the Summicron-C, were identical in performance except the Summicron
had some odd filter mount. I preferred the Rokkor though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Feeesch sans die buam!!!

Quite nice ones, a bit lacking contrast as expected against the light.

Had that and the Summicron-C, were identical in performance except the Summicron
had some odd filter mount. I preferred the Rokkor though.

Juchee Wink

Actually I had been surprised how difficult it is to focus wide open on my mirrorless cams due to their focus peaking hardly appearing because of little contrast, also I don't find it particularly sharp wide open, both to a point that I have been wondering if a have a suboptimal copy. However I like it's small size, handling and also the resulting photos and suppose that the later, multi coated version has higher contrast and behaves better when used against light.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm Andreas, my Rokkor 40mm was very sharp as far as I remember, so I hope your copy is OK...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Hmm Andreas, my Rokkor 40mm was very sharp as far as I remember, so I hope your copy is OK...

No worries here, I am perfectly happy with how the photos turn out Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I felt prompted to check sharpness, a 100% crop of a shown wide open shot:

another wide open sample, sharpened after resize ( hosted at photobucket )

and unsharpened, 100% crops of it:

The last photo of my original post, momiji', also was taken wide open.
pictures in the original thread are hosted via flickr, not resized, sharpened and uploaded to mflenses ( which for some reason has not been working for me too often lately )
IQ, specially sharpness of those certainly is better judged by viewing original sizes: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157644175227393/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth I just enjoy looking at #4 and #5 as a whole image(s).There's something nice and simple about #4 and I love the poses of the two guys on the train...nicely captured.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
For what its worth I just enjoy looking at #4 and #5 as a whole image(s).There's something nice and simple about #4 and I love the poses of the two guys on the train...nicely captured.

thank you very much Mo for looking and commenting. I am happy about your feelings of #4, and #5 sure was a lucky catch Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good lens, I have it too.
Very nice series , and the first one touched me , I remembered that wonderful region of Austria that I miss in the last years Very Happy
You gave me ideas for summer travel!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
A good lens, I have it too.
Very nice series , and the first one touched me , I remembered that wonderful region of Austria that I miss in the last years Very Happy
You gave me ideas for summer travel!

thank you Teo Smile

wow, so you know the area? It's quiet there, unlike many parts of Austria was touristless until very recently, actually still is Wink
this is in the Mostviertel, 'must' or 'cider quarter, in the Bezirk or 'district' Amstetten in Niederoesterreich, 'Lower Austria' in the Alpenvorland, alpine foothills. Mostviertel because farmers here grow moslty pears, also apples around their houses to produce cider. Cider production has had quite a come back these last 10, 20 years, nowadays very good and special products to be had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mostviertel
http://www.moststrasse.at/d/default.asp?tt=MSTR_R36
google photos of the area: https://www.google.com.my/search?q=mostviertel&client=firefox-a&hs=y1G&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&imgil=JzMAzHXH4h-xJM%253A%253BEQUZixfpX-xBiM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.lower-austria.info%25252Fportal%25252Fen%25252F%25253Ftt%2525253DNOEEN_R17%25252526id%2525253D93239&source=iu&pf=m&fir=JzMAzHXH4h-xJM%253A%252CEQUZixfpX-xBiM%252C_&usg=__kH51bWCLRsh00FxjgCoqO8kMhv4%3D&biw=1696&bih=849
my photos taken from around there: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157603688893769/

Me too I have a special feeling when I see this kind of views, I was born and grew up just a few km away from where this photos was taken. When i was only 4 years of age my familly moved to Amstetten, the district capital, a small city of about 12.000 inhabitants then, situated in a flatter spot along the river 'Ybbs'. Driving up the hills that offer these views still feels like a homecoming.

If you really make it to that area during summer please contact me, chances I will be there at least until middle of July, I'd be happy to meet and I could take you around

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on Sony A7:

Kim Dong Cinema by andreas, on Flickr

Untitled by andreas, on Flickr

and again on Ricoh GXR M:

karyawan bengkel AC by andreas, on Flickr

Untitled by andreas, on Flickr