Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I designate the winner I would like to tell you who the people in the photo are. The photo was taken in the late 1960's in America. The lady on the right is my mother in law, she is holding my sister in law and the lady on the left is Maria von Trapp who was the stepmother of the Trapp Family Singers and her story served as the inspiration for the 1965 film The Sound of Music.

Anyway, I digress. This is a difficult decision because everyone's version is good! I wanted to see two corrections to the image, firstly a repair of the damaged area and also the removal of the person partly obscured in the background. The only person to do both was Olivier, and of his entries the square colour version is my favourite. Therefore this week's winner is Olivier. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you very much Edgar for the story behind the picture. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have removed that extra person easily but have not noticed it lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is this week's challenge.

It was shot in Saint-Rémy de Provence with 5D MkII and a Canon AF lens EF 40mm f2.8.
I felt something special in the scene without knowing what exactly.
It's only after I came back home that I noticed the girl's T-shirt opposed to the pig... Smile

It needs a lot of removals and PP to enhance the subject. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this one is already over, but I still wanted to give it a quick shot just for fun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this takes away from this weeks competition but I still wanted to comment on last weeks picture. I didn't participate as I thought that there was nothing I could do to improve the image despite it's flaws. To be honest, I didn't think that any of the "improvements" really improved anything, even if they were technically nice and even impressive in some cases (like the cloning). Some old photos are best left alone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you CBokeh.
Well done ! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontus wrote:
I'm sorry if this takes away from this weeks competition but I still wanted to comment on last weeks picture. I didn't participate as I thought that there was nothing I could do to improve the image despite it's flaws. To be honest, I didn't think that any of the "improvements" really improved anything, even if they were technically nice and even impressive in some cases (like the cloning). Some old photos are best left alone.

I understand your sentiments, but I respectfully disagree. The great thing about having access to a digital toolbox such as Photoshop is that it enables people with a desire to see their loved ones a little bit clearer and with a better understanding of the clothes they might have been wearing or the ability to notice some other detail like the color of the little girl's shoe that was lost in the faded and damaged original image... AND also still have that original image preserved as well, as it exists at this moment.

And Oliver, thank you for the kind words!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

Edgar is this week's winner !!!
No opposition at all ! Very Happy (or Confused )
Congrats !
Please Edgar choose this week's contest.

I thought there was quite to do on it : removal of red arm in down left corner, suppression of the man in green on right, reframing, choose frame format, removal of gutter and pipes, of the letter box, enhancing the colors to opposite Playboy US flag to "Babe" Union Jack.

-->

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is this week's challenge:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah kryss, I recognise the oil painting effect filter in Photoshop - love it! Wink

But my favourite of the three is your HDR effect in number 1. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks Ed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one from me this week

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple blue Jazz from me Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colour version

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and B&W

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Edgar,
and the winner is ? Smile

As I mentioned before, I like kryss's HDR treatment but I also like Olivier's colour version a lot. So, this week it is a draw between kryss and Olivier. Smile
You can fight it out between yourselves as to who will post the next challenge! Wink

P.S. Nurkov's 'new for old' shot really made me chuckle. Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Kryss, proceed to the new challenge posting. Very Happy
Thanks a lot Edgar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Edgar and Olivier..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
I tried Oliver but it didn't want to transmit or i wasn't doing it right,it is a raw file (DNG) converted to JPEG.???

That's strange.
Lets doing that way. After all that's part of the game. Very Happy

First proposal.
Colour version quickly made in snapseed :