Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cosina 100mm f3.5 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Cosina 100mm f3.5 Macro Reply with quote

My first dedicated macro lens, I like the focal length and its pretty sharp, I'm not to keen on the matched adapter that takes it from 1:2 to 1:1 I think it does detract from IQ Sad.

Juvenile Green Anole (or brown?) by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Dimorphic Jumper (gray) by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Emerald Tree Boa by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Iguana by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Salticus Scenicus (Sony NEX) by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Peacock by Caledonia84, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cosina 100mm f3.5 Macro Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
My first dedicated macro lens, I like the focal length and its pretty sharp, I'm not to keen on the matched adapter that takes it from 1:2 to 1:1 I think it does detract from IQ Sad.

Absolutely brilliant photographs! I love the Iguana best and the boa sends shivers up my spine. I take it those are your house pets? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive work - congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cosina 100mm f3.5 Macro Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
caledonia84 wrote:

Absolutely brilliant photographs! I love the Iguana best and the boa sends shivers up my spine. I take it those are your house pets? Wink

many thanks! not pets unfortunately, the Iguana was taken at a garden centre here in Scotland and the Emerald tree Boa taken in Toronto Zoo Canada, stunning animals Smile

Quote:
Very impressive work - congrats!

Thanks kds315*!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful photos!
Is this macro lens considered a high quality lens or average?
Anyway, seems very good to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Beautiful photos!
Is this macro lens considered a high quality lens or average?
Anyway, seems very good to me.

Thanks uddhava, I believe "plastic fantastc" is the most common description, heres a few reviews over at pentax forums

http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/cosina-100mm-f1-3-5-mc-makro.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice macros.has a high reputation. this sleeper is also called "yoghurt-becher" (yoghurt pot) in germany. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning pictures, congrats!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating serie... Nice photos!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last 2 photos are outstanding!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys glad you like them

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent works, thank you for sharing!
all the best,
S.