Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

anybody in edmonton? and why is this forum so dead?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: anybody in edmonton? and why is this forum so dead? Reply with quote

hi there, i was wondering if there were any people in edmonton alberta that used a camera with a c mount lens adaptor.

also, why has this forum gone so quiet??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the click rate of posts in this sub section is relatively low, (I guess )most people will prefer post in the main MFL section. Also, the C mount lenses are not as hot as the time when M4/3 cameras first available.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: anybody in edmonton? and why is this forum so dead? Reply with quote

bratboy_y2k wrote:
also, why has this forum gone so quiet??

Having a separate subforum for Cine lenses is not useful. If the original intended use of the lenses adapted to our cameras would be the distinguishing factor for subforums we should add forums for enlarger lenses, medium format lenses, aerial camera lenses, microscope lenses and so on. I wouldn't use this subforum when writing about a cine lens, I'd either use the main MFL section or the Sony NEX forum if it were specifically tied with the use on that camera.

I would suggest getting rid of this subforum would be a good thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you log in and click on 'View posts since last visit' you will see all new posts regardless of what part of the forum it was posted in.
Oh, I can see where enlarger lenses would go, but most people seem to put them in the main forum. Their choice.

The OP asked in the title of his post "Anyone in Edmonton? and why is this forum so dead?" Two questions, 99.99% of our membership wouldn't answer the first question as there are 762,000 people in Edmonton, pretty obvious if you are living there, And the second question is meaningless as this forum is extremely active.

The body of the question was pretty much the same as the title. Except for the C mount adapter bit. No reason why and no explanation.

If the OP wanted a reply then he should have asked a more open question such as "Help needed with c-mount lenses", members would be rushing to help as they do. Or he could have just looked through the posts or searched and found dozens of c-mount threads.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deleted that personal stuff; if you want to do such stuff, use PM (personal messages) please.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: sorting post Reply with quote

C-mount on MFT\Fuji\Sony\CM can be posted here, or under the relevant mount.

The choice is mainly an issue of how it can be easily found by those interested. Since Cmounts (and Dmounts and CS mounts, Arriflex, Camex and so forth) can be adapted to many other mounts, it may still be useful to have basic specs, user info and inquiries here.

As for the geographical invitation, the right slot would be the general conversation department.

I am all for strict divisions between showing off your snaps and discussing their origins, and would welcome stricter moderators, but do realize that freedom to post off topic may at times be defensible -or at least excusable.

p.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many members with lots of experience with C-mount lenses on the forum. I suggest U to just make a new thread in the C-mount section and post or ask what you want! Wink