Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hanimex 3.3/200 Pentax K01
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Hanimex 3.3/200 Pentax K01 Reply with quote

A few test images,taken to compare to the Soligor 3.3/200 in this post by oldhand.http://forum.mflenses.com/soligor-200mm-f3-3-t67670.html Early morning and plenty of smoke in the air.
Infinity F22

Close up F22

F8

F3.3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Moïra.
It seems to lack of contrast, isn't it ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks OK, but a hood might improve the contrast.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does lack contrast,I was inside the house shooting these so no sun to speak of shining on the front glass. The reflected light off the wall however may have played some part....plus there is fungus on the front element.Could the smoke in the air cause trouble?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say oldhand's copy is significantly better, sorry Mo.

Fungus would hurt contrast, if it's just on the front element, it shouldn't be too hard to unscrew the front retaining ring and clean the fungus off with iso alcohol.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not worried, it's a lens that has been sitting around in a box for a few years, and oldhands post made me take it out and try it. I have a lens spanner coming and this lens will be my first test case. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use your lens spanner and try to clean it.

Else, you can improve the above samples by adding contrast in PP.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens spanner arrived and I have cleaned the glass,no samples as yet.The spanner was bought off a Chinese/HK company on ebay, but was posted from Frankfurt Germany Shocked ,I guess its why it took so long??

You unscrew the front name ring and the lens block falls out,the hard part is unscrewing that "Block" which reveals 3 glass elements,with a fine seperating ring which divides them,I don't know what the technical term is for this ring. I worked out I need a "work mat" of some sort to work over when pulling apart these lenses.

It was a great first up lens to play with with my lens spanner...I just have to check I put the glass back in the right way around.. Laughing I did leave a little dust behind,I guess it takes practice keeping the glass clean once out of the lens.

Not sure if the clean improved the contrast...bright day,shooting away from the sun with the hood extended.Hand held as well.
F8 Focus on the steeple left handside.

F3.3

The cat was just not interested and would not hold still

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that's an improvement Mo, it looks like a perfectly useable lens. Good job done. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lloydy, I still have a long way to go,I may try this lens again. The min distance is just too long for me to really like it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems contrast improved. Smile
Maybe you could shoot your chair again to compare and check the improvement.

Dust is difficult to avoid when cleaning glasses.
I try to avoid it by using a blower and wearing gloves but it's still difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the blower but no gloves,do you use a special work mat to stop the small bits falling off the table?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I had the blower but no gloves,do you use a special work mat to stop the small bits falling off the table?

A piece of nonwoven tissue.
Maybe people more expérience than me could share some tips ? Smile