Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fisheye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Zenitar 16mm f2.8 fisheye Reply with quote

I couldn't find a 'best of' listing for this full frame fisheye, so I'll start it off.

Here's a shot I took while camping the other day, this is Loch Clair in the Scottish Highlands.

Loch Clair by Garian Photography, on Flickr

Taken with the Canon 5D Mkll.
Red Snapper tripod + Giottos ballhead MH 1300.
4 exposures, one stop apart, via Magic Lantern.
Processed with Lightroom, Photoshop HDR Pro and tweaked with Nik Color Efex Pro.

With the aid of a head-net and insect repellent, because of the millions* of midges forming a cloud around my body Evil or Very Mad

*no exaggeration, I counted them! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely gorgeous! It looks serene and shows no hint of the battle against the midges. People who haven't experienced midges have no idea how much you have to suffer for your art!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Absolutely gorgeous! It looks serene and shows no hint of the battle against the midges. People who haven't experienced midges have no idea how much you have to suffer for your art!

Thanks a lot Smile
You're dead right about these little s***s, they make our lives a misery up here! Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful picture!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Beautiful picture!

Thank you, the Highlands are full of scenes like this. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Beautiful picture.
I thought you take a sip or two of whiskey to protect against midges.
(If they still bother you just take another sip, repeat until they stop)

Very Happy Very Happy

I would be happy to test this theory, it's sounds great, but I was driving so I couldn't this time. Sad

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful photo.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! What a beautiful place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks uddhava and bhargav.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this Little Russian fisheye lens for many years, and I am using it sucessfully now, on my SONY A7!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:
I like this Little Russian fisheye lens for many years, and I am using it sucessfully now, on my SONY A7!

Sorry I missed your post Embarassed

Lovely shot. It really is a great little lens, plus it's fairly cheap for a brand new one (I got mine from eBay, new).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning place for sure, wow! Surprised

I`ve been looking at this lens many times, but never hit the buy button, how is the edge sharpness (corners) on a FF camera?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Stunning place for sure, wow! Surprised

Ive been looking at this lens many times, but never hit the buy button, how is the edge sharpness (corners) on a FF camera?

At the wider end it's not brilliant in the corners, though I don't think it's any worse than other, similar lenses. If it stops raining here (back end of Bertha is crapping on us just now) I'll take it out so I can share some examples.
The landscape in the first post was shot around f11 I think, so it's very good at the edges.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded it from flicker, wow that is not bad at all! Very Happy
My wishlist groves again... Confused

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I downloaded it from flicker, wow that is not bad at all! Very Happy
My wishlist groves again... Confused

You downloaded it? How? Only I should be able to do that. I just checked the Flickr settings and no one else should have access to my photos, which is what I want.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I liked the picture so much that I downloaded it and ordered a hugh print online Laughing

I guess there is some settings you may have overlooked...?!? (I do not use flicker)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Well, I liked the picture so much that I downloaded it and ordered a hugh print online Laughing

I guess there is some settings you may have overlooked...?!? (I do not use flicker)

Thanks for letting me know, I clearly need to contact Flickr about this. I have chosen all the right options to have any download link removed but it obviously hasn't worked. Shit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s working now, can`t download original anymore (max 800px version) Very Happy
Good work Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
It`s working now, can`t download original anymore (max 800px version) Very Happy
Good work Wink

I guess something changed when Flickr changed it's look some months ago, I had no idea. I sell some of those photos from my website and some are licensed via Getty, it's no good if anybody can just take them. Sad
Glad I caught it now (thanks again) but who knows how many have been taken and used elsewhere? Confused

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow beautiful.... just beautiful ..... and so clear vivid in your face lol ....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Good work Wink

I guess something changed when Flickr changed it's look some months ago, I had no idea. I sell some of those photos from my website and some are licensed via Getty, it's no good if anybody can just take them. Sad
Glad I caught it now (thanks again) but who knows how many have been taken and used elsewhere? Confused

You can always search after your pictures by hitting the camera icon on Google and look for duplicates of some of your photos Wink

https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&ei=0aPxU9jjEom44ATCp4HADA&ved=0CAQQqi4oAg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
Good work Wink

You can always search after your pictures by hitting the camera icon on Google and look for duplicates of some of your photos Wink

https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&ei=0aPxU9jjEom44ATCp4HADA&ved=0CAQQqi4oAg

I use TinEye too Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunrise here this morning, this is our village pier which is used by local fishermen in warmer months (-10 when I took this brrrrrr).

Canon 5D2 + Zenitar 16/2.8
7 shot HDR, Magic Lantern, PS, Lightroom, etc.

It's a full frame fisheye but there has been no perspective changes made here. Putting the horizon dead centre nullifies the distortion, most of the time.

Golspie pier at sunrise by Garian Photography, on Flickr