Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

This green and pleasant land
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: This green and pleasant land Reply with quote

Rare sunshine makes everything look pretty around my hometown of Millom, Cumbria, UK.

1957 KMZ J-8 and Sankor 2.5/105 on NEX-3.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Ian, looks much the same as where I live.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful countryside! Nice to see you have sunshine for a few weeks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Ed. You can see the mountains of N Ireland from here on a clear day and we have a substantial Irish population, they came here in the 70s and early 80s wen things were not too peaceful, sadly.

We've had a few weeks of great weather this year so far, people have been really enjoying it, fingers crossed it lasts until September!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian;

Beautiful part of the world, but don't forget all that green comes from the rain you bemoan. Where I live we have mountains that are green for a month or two following the rainy season, but turn brown and parched for the later part of the summer. The pine trees are somewhat a redeeming feature, but dear old grass has no substitute for that green carpet.
I love your panos, but miss your single shot sampling

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys, the last is my fave too.

Yes, it rains a LOT here. It's rained for the last 3 days, hopefully summer will return soon!

Not a single shot, it's 6 shots stitched, but I also shot this old lime kiln that day, using a 1957 Jupiter-8:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

patrickh