Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm wide open portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm wide open portrait Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing portrait I really like with the exeption of background on the left, I have change it a bit hope you do not mind.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely I don't mind, Krisztina also didn't like cars behind, I like both yours and mine too, little red in bckgn give some extra.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@F2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Attila, especially #2 - Krisztina at her best, great makeup and hair and wonderful shot by you!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all people appreciate this lens because some of them said it is too soft at wide open with low contrast. You demonstrates how to made use of the character at wide open to get great results!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !! Too soft a low contrast I think lack of knowledge only, didn't had to sharpen or boost contrast , wide open is never easy, main reason why I use it rarely wide open, one stop down at least can save most of the shoots and bokeh remain almost same.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the samples in the web, the Contax Planar 1.4/50 seems behave the same way as the 1.4/85: the creamy bokeh remain is similar at wide open and one stop down. Even the Contax S-Planar 2.8/60 I tried do keep the creamy bokeh at F4 but not for most other macro lens. Zeiss did a good job making the lens have consistent bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen from any other makers same consistent top quality product line than Zeiss Contax.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shooting. Krisztina looks wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!