Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta SR-T 101 review 1966
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Minolta SR-T 101 review 1966 Reply with quote

US Camera Test Report: Minolta SR-T 101 1966 by Nesster, on Flickr

Larger https://www.flickr.com/photos/nesster/14156099662/sizes/k/

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you again. I bought one of these for £2 recently, in just about perfect condition - I just need to replace the light seals then I can try it. Cool

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm collecting Minolta cameras, recently bought an XD and and XG-2, Dynax 4, Dynax 505si Super, Dynax 80001 and Riva 105, an SRT101 is on the list. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an old Pentax guy, but I have to admit that when I, in the course of trading, picked up an SRT 101 and 102 a few years ago they impressed the heck out of me. The fit and finish plus the smooth operation , plus the truly excellent (for the day) implementation just shows up most of the contemporary competition. The Spotmatic is a dead reliable camera but in comparison to the 101 it is very basic.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!
During the introduction of the SRT-101 I made my pictures with SR1 and SR1s, so not long after I purchased my first SRT.
In the seventies gone modernised to XE-1 and XD7, kept the lenses.
Have fond one again, for cheap now, and use it now and then (heavy metal day).
Old love!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are tough cameras as well as my 101b has a dent in the prism housing (must have been dropped) and everything inc the meter works.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mine its a thing of beauty and one which is really nice to use.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't believe my luck at the camera fair when I picked up the unmarked SR-T body and the guy asked for £2, he told me he'd bought it for the lens and wanted rid of the body. I've looked at them in the past and nearly bought one for £35, without a lens, because it's a camera that I've read about and learned of its reputation, and when I handled them it was apparent that it's a quality camera, and one that would match my modest collection of Minolta lenses. Even without having tried it yet I love it, just on the grounds of it being such a well made and designed camera. Is it any wonder that the big manufacturers are going retro in their new cutting edge digi cams when there's a legacy of great cameras like this ?
Maybe it's 'boys and toys' stuff, we do love and appreciate the simplicity of design when its tactile, when knobs and levers move with a satisfying metallic sound and feel, we love knurled metal rings and cold, hard, aluminium or brass. the SR-T is all of that, you've gotta love it.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amazing thing to me is how Minolta retained this basic camera for so many years, with some minor tweaks and model number changes along the way. I can't think of another one in the 35mm SLR area that remained basically unchanged for so long. Goes to show how good design makes for a lasting product.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect timing. I'm going to be doing my YouTube video on this later in the summer.