Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 4/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 4/21 Reply with quote

I have been looking for a wide angle lens for my NEX-5N for a while now and was hoping to find a Tokina/Vivitar 3.5/17 at a good price but any that have appeared on eBay have been pretty expensive. I toyed with the idea of buying a Sigma 2.8/19 AF lens especially since they have dropped considerably in price recently. Then I was offered this lens from a fellow MF lenses member for a price I could not refuse. The photo is not mine but the one in transit to me is identical. Does anyone have and use this lens, and if so, how do you rate it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon AR 4/21 Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I have been looking for a wide angle lens for my NEX-5N for a while now and was hoping to find a Tokina/Vivitar 3.5/17 at a good price but any that have appeared on eBay have been pretty expensive. I toyed with the idea of buying a Sigma 2.8/19 AF lens especially since they have dropped considerably in price recently. Then I was offered this lens from a fellow MF lenses member for a price I could not refuse. The photo is not mine but the one in transit to me is identical. Does anyone have and use this lens, and if so, how do you rate it?

I would rate it quite well, as does Buhla:

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e21_4.html

It's said there to be rare and not inexpensive.

Two things strike me:

First, that special hood would be an important "get" with this lens. You didn't mention an original hood.

Second, as with all the Hexanon lenses, newer lenses mitigate in favor of your owning a lens with better coatings. Of course sometimes if a Hexanon lens, depending on model, became too new they changed the optical design for the worse and the coatings play second fiddle to that consideration. That situation does not appear to be the case with your lens. So my take would be, the newer the better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Rokkor MC 21/2.8 that I'm waiting to try out on a FF NEX, on my NEX-7 it's not too bad, my OM 21/3.5 is better, I've wondered how good the Konica is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I have a Rokkor MC 21/2.8 that I'm waiting to try out on a FF NEX, on my NEX-7 it's not too bad, my OM 21/3.5 is better, I've wondered how good the Konica is.

I had first version of Konica 21mm f4 with silver nose, that was weakest from all above three, actual copy is latest version I expect same result than Olympus. I like Olympus best from all due small size. I have a Konica 21mm f2.8 , small sized and stunning , better than OM.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon AR 4/21 Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
First, that special hood would be an important "get" with this lens. You didn't mention an original hood.

The original hood is included with the lens as per the photo.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barely have time to shoot anything never mind processing them, so I have more than a few weeks worth to edit still...
Some shots of my new Konica 21/4 on my A7r, colors seem nice, contrast is fine, seems sharp enough right out to the corners.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, it's superb.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Better then the 15mm UC?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the wallet is okay I advise to try the hexanon 21/2.8, more compact than this 21/4, and the pic quality will be better. the only problem is it's really 'rare' on evil-bay. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogtag wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Better then the 15mm UC?

No, I have all I think 15mm UC , 21mm f2.8 and F4 perhaps I sold silver nose older F4 for sure , I think 15mm UC is best from all, second after 21mm f2.8

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Dogtag wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Better then the 15mm UC?

No, I have all I think 15mm UC , 21mm f2.8 and F4 perhaps I sold silver nose older F4 for sure , I think 15mm UC is best from all, second after 21mm f2.8

Yeah I thought so, I'm not getting the 21mm version because it's to close to the 24mm version and it might not play nice on the Fullframe sensor (just like the 24mm ). The price of the 21/2.8 is ridiculous on ebay, better get an samyang or canon FD.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep looking may your day will come, I also bought mine from Ebay, it is a Flektogon 20mm price, Konica is more handy often better a lot than 20mm Flek 2.8 , if you get bored not difficult to sell due it's rarity.