Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Little Nina
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: Little Nina Reply with quote

Here's a pic of my niece Nina I took yesterday at a restaurant

Nina di A_Anything, su Flickr

She was playing hide and seek with other children there, when something got her attention and she stopped for a while.
I like the image, despite some issues (strong backlight and flare, not perfect focus).
It was taken with a w-nikkor.c 2.5/35 for nikon rf cameras wide open, mounted on my nex 5r.
PP: slight crop, and a hard work of balancing highlights and shadows, as sun outside was very strong. BW converted with DxO filmpack 3.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Nice

I think the backlight and flare make it work!

+1

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO cropping the photo about 1/4 from the left side can help improving the composition.
But in general I like this photo, the expression of Nina is very natural and innocent Very Happy
I kinda like this back light, too.
If you don't tell, I may think it's a photo taken by Helios 44M-2, I don't know that Nikon lens could make that kind of swirly bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernhardas wrote:
Nice

I think the backlight and flare make it work!

fermy wrote:
+1

Thanks. I think you are right, backlight and flare are what gives character to this photo.

Langstrum wrote:
IMHO cropping the photo about 1/4 from the left side can help improving the composition.
But in general I like this photo, the expression of Nina is very natural and innocent Very Happy
I kinda like this back light, too.
If you don't tell, I may think it's a photo taken by Helios 44M-2, I don't know that Nikon lens could make that kind of swirly bokeh.

I will try the crop, thanks for the suggestion.
As for the swirl, I too didn't expect it from this lens, and there's plenty when used wide open. Actually the lens design is similar to the helios-biotar-whatever of the time:

my nikkor

(image copied from here)

and an helios 44 M 4 (not the 44-2, but I think the design didn't change much)

(image copied from here)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sweet, great capture!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful.
I love backlit photos too Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very sweet, great capture!

BurstMox wrote:
Nice photo!

hoanpham wrote:
beautiful.
I love backlit photos too Smile

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That works well, the little fella trundling along at the back adds to it overall.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shot! love the mood