Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 55mm f2.8 mc macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 55mm f2.8 mc macro Reply with quote

First time on the nex...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colors! Nice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pretty.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots !
1st and last for me

I had one of those in M42, thought it was a wonderful lens...
Sold it... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir wrote:

Sold it... Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is this kinda like: "I had one of those hot Russian girlfriends. She was a demon in bed and wanted sex everyday. I broke up with her"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 55mm f2.8 mc macro Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
First time on the nex...

Well done photos and very nice rendering. I wonder how it fares against the Nikon 55mm or other macro's in that range.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's in nikon mount.

This lens is actually very sharp, I will post 100% crops later. Though not as sharp as my yashinon tomioka 60mm f2,8 (see other topic). I don't have other macro lenses in this range to compare it with.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both the Vivitar 55/2.8 and the 55/2.8 micro-Nikkor. The Nikkor beats the Vivitar in both sharpness and contrast (most notably contrast). To me this is not surprising , since the micro-Nikkor is the best of all 50-ish macros I´ve tried (Canon FL, Minolta MC, Konica AR and Vivitar). The Vivitar is the only one that does 1:1 natively, and its optical performance is really good, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maldaye wrote:
Mir wrote:

Sold it... Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is this kinda like: "I had one of those hot Russian girlfriends. She was a demon in bed and wanted sex everyday. I broke up with her"

Circumstances, money and better lenses explain the decision....
The same could be said about your analogy Wink