Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei HFT Sonnar 85mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Rollei HFT Sonnar 85mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

I've found one Rollei HFT Sonnar 85mm f/2.8 m42 with clean optics, mechanics working fine, no separation, coating seems ok.
The selling price is equivalent to 190 USD.

Is a good price? Ebay and other resources are not conclusive to me.

Thank's !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

85's are typically fairly expensive.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/M42-scarce-SONNAR-2-8-85-HFT-Carl-Zeiss-Rollei-Voigtlander-Voigtlander-/300911298628
$451USD
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sonnar-2-8-85-Rollei-HFT-M42-/261384298669
$379USD
Both actual sales, so $190 sounds like a good deal to me, at the very least you should get your money back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the finest 85mm lenses.On par with 85/2.8 C/Y and 190 USD is a very moderate price.Take it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollei HFT Sonnar 85mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

lucca1x wrote:
...Rollei HFT Sonnar 85mm f/2.8 m42

I've to ask: Really M42 or QBM mount?
Rollei M42 lens seem to be rare!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a lot of experience with manual lenses, but I own a few m42 and I can tell for sure this rollei is not quick mount; it is a screw-threaded mount m42 and as far as I can tell is the right pitch...hopefully because I think I'll buy it. It's a pick-up only sell so I've reserved it until Saturday . I've talked with the seller and he'll allow me to test it as I wish before payment (great guy Smile until now). Anything in particular to test ... leaving aside a sharpness test-of course, fungus, defective mechanics ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'd worry about that stuff too much as the price is low enough that a service may bring the total cost up to what they normally sell for.
Aperture works? Oily? Ring turn smoothly?
Focus ring turns easily? Smoothly?
Glass clean? A flashlight really helps illuminate anything, just be aware most older lenses have dust in them.
Look for scratches or fungus at the edges.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any 85mm lens is not expensive ~ 200 USD , grab it ! Look forward your samples, lens I think converted from QBM mount to M42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a newbie member of this forum I did search in the depths of older threads:

http://forum.mflenses.com/rollei-50mm-f-18-sl-planar-with-m42-mount-t56769.html

Facit: If the lens is in acceptable condition: buy!
M42 is much more universal than QBM bayonet, and if You own a Rolleiflex SL, therer are adapters M42 to Rollei QBM without glas insert and the ability for infinite focus!

Did I say alredy : B U Y !

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll buy it this week-end and keep you posted.

Thank you for the advices.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
lens I think converted from QBM mount to M42

probably.. the only M42 version of this lens would be a Color-Dynarex 2,8/85 for the Voigtländer VSL1 TM

There was another one like this on ebay:

Click here to see on Ebay.de

The M42 Mount doesn't look original to me..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
The M42 Mount doesn't look original to me..

This is the original M42 mount for this lens. I owned one once, and it had exactly the same mount. M42 versions are rare, but they do exist.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.. the mount looks a bit different to my M42 Color Ultron.. that's why I thought

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken the rollei today. It has the filter thread bent ( near the 2,8/85 markings ), and obvious signs that it was tried a repair of the bent metal, but still took it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know how compares the sonnar. Hft with the color dynarex 85/2,8, both in QBM mount?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
Does anybody know how compares the sonnar. Hft with the color dynarex 85/2,8, both in QBM mount?

Just to help you searching images - this Voigtlander Color-Dynarex was also labeled as Rollei MC Rolleinar or Mamiya Sekor SX. As for the rest of Rolleinar lenses, its manufacturer is Mamiya.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
papasito wrote:

Just to help you searching images - this Voigtlander Color-Dynarex was also labeled as Rollei MC Rolleinar or Mamiya Sekor SX. As for the rest of Rolleinar lenses, its manufacturer is Mamiya.

Thank you, very much.

I have searched images taken with the lens, and I found them good ones.

But I think the member who had or have it can tell his feeling using the lens, you know what I mean.

Yes, as you said it's a mamiya SX lens rebranded. From the end of SX series production, when there were a 85/1,7 and the 105/2,8 too. Who knows why..