Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Horizon S3 Panoramas - Kodak UC400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Horizon S3 Panoramas - Kodak UC400 Reply with quote

*EDIT 3/30/14: Some new pics added in another post*

I got this camera a few months ago. I just got around to finishing a long expired roll of ultra-color 400. I didn't edit these so they're a little off color-wise.

Feels like a really quality camera. It's heavier than you might think if you've ever seen a picture of it. Clearly has mostly metal internals. I've heard spacing is an issue. I only had 2 frames "kiss" but not overlap. For a first roll learning the camera with a different loading procedure, I think that's OK. I got some blurriness on the extreme right edge of almost all of my frames. Read that has to do with film tightness. Will try to correct for that next time.

These were all hand-held (didn't even have the handle) at 1/60th so I don't think the resolution is at its greatest. Hope they're interesting to someone.

Last edited by themoleman342 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, the subject matter works well with the pano format. Very good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed! I like the "off" colors, makes it a bit vintage.... they have a nice feel about them!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow series, magical world , I love them a lot!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! I tried a few vertical panoramas as well. I'm not sure they were as effective...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps not here, vertical panos are hard to nail. I shoot a lot of panos and never really got a good vertical one. Keep trying though I do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with vertical panos is the horizontal screen.... but i like the idea!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another few pictures with the Horizon. I was playing with how close I could get the subject(s). It's pretty good at f16. Goes from 1m to infinity. This time loaded with Lomography 100 C-41 (re-branded Kodak KodaColor VR, I've heard).

Stasia wanted me to post this one (a terrible panorama, but at least there are some nice aspects to it):

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, all excellent!! Forest series truly awesome!