Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena 200/2.1 "Proj. Objektiv"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena 200/2.1 "Proj. Objektiv" Reply with quote

Fellows!
I've found today something like this:

It's supposed to have a M100 mount, whatever it is.

Does anyone can tell if this is a complete lens or just a front element? It looks rather unusual and "thin".
I've found out that some projection lenses might be great for photography, but this one looks really weird.

Any info highly appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one what I seen , no idea really, rather part than ready to use lens.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a front element.
Complete lens looks like this:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems there is no further correction lens:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Carl-Zeiss-Jena-2-1-200-mm-Projektionsobjektiv-/390727447282?nma=true&si=W%252BU3DX1zKrUEiVWp%252Bi5jJAD6UoU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all!
Also my friend told me that tube contain some optical elements, so what I presented on photos is just a front lens.
That's a pity - I really like projection lenses Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Projektionsobjektiv 2,1 200 by Carl Zeiss Jena Reply with quote

Hi guys,

this is the front group/element (Achromat) of a 2 Group / 4 lens projector lens made for up to 18x24 mm cine format (1/2 of 35 mm).
The front element should not be used "stand alone" as it´s errors are supposed to be countered/equalized by the rear element (also an Achromat) to give the best posible picture.
This projection lens was the largest of the "Basic" grade of Carl Zeiss Jena projection lenses series "Kipronar", made up of always 2 Achromat groups/4 Elements. They have superb resolution in the center at high contrast (with only 4 surfaces) but fall off quite a bit towards the edges. So very well usable on small CCD/CMOS sensors with significant less than 18x24 mm size.

The next "Better" grade lenses were the "Prokinar"s, already 5 to 6 element optics with less fall off towards the edges.

The "Premium" grade were the "Visionar"s at high aperture f1,6 to at worst 1,9 ! with the least fall off towards the edges with up to 200mm focal length = 4.1", all 6 element- 6 group type.

Hope this helps
Georg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Georg!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Georg is correct of course. That Kipronar is a Petzval lens btw.