Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Winter Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Winter Table Reply with quote

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 2.8/60
ISO 100/21°, 1/60th sec. @ f/2.8, on tripod. Lightroom 5.3 and Photoshop CC processing.
You can click on the image for a larger size.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orio i love this! i think it is my favorite ever. there is something so perfect about it, like a rembrandt. i cant possibly articulate it, but it is fabulous.
tony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tony for your kind words!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,

Really natural colors, seems to be film!
I noted also a certain amount of noise and it surprises me with a ISO 100 picture, maybe introduced by the scanner, dunno. But nice composition and a color that surprises me to be natural as it is and not film,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Orio,
I noted also a certain amount of noise and it surprises me with a ISO 100 picture, maybe introduced by the scanner, dunno. But nice composition and a color that surprises me to be natural as it is and not film,
Cheers,
Renato

hi Renato, the "digital grain" was added artificially, because it helped for the look I wanted. Smile The original image is super clean.
The colours are the fruit of a long work! See the picture out of the camera:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good.......there have been so many excellent\very good shots posted here over the years that it's difficult to to find something that stands out and different, well I think you have achieved this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Excalibur!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent Orio!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down graded from excellent to very good ONLY because you used a digital camera Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
This is excellent Orio!

Thanks Klaus!

Excalibur, if I were at home, I would have used film for sure for this project Smile (and also the Contax macro).
At the school, I "only" had the 5DII + Macro-Elmarit with me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grain and the saturated greens bring something special to the photograph. This is the sort of photo that you look at then look 2 or 3 more times to see exactly what it is that keeps drawing you to it. Very nice work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
RSalles wrote:
Orio,
Cheers,
Renato

hi Renato, the "digital grain" was added artificially, because it helped for the look I wanted. Smile The original image is super clean.
The colours are the fruit of a long work! See the picture out of the camera:

Orio,

Yes, quit different! Looking from a certain distance the image is more beautiful indeed - as I have the bad habit to glue my nose on the display to look at the sharpness of lenses Very Happy , and we can see the "hole picture",

Happy to see you're achieving your intents,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Orio"]
kds315* wrote:

Excalibur, if I were at home, I would have used film for sure for this project Smile (and also the Contax macro).
At the school, I "only" had the 5DII + Macro-Elmarit with me.

Too many:- excellent, technically perfect, squeaky clean, digital shots and nice to see a shot that looks like film Wink