Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Afghan box camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Afghan box camera Reply with quote

http://www.afghanboxcamera.com/

Last edited by Attila on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unique camera with a very simple design

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was curious what the "Aghan Box Camera" was, but I see you meant Afghan! Wink

Very interesting information with nice video how to build the camera.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is sort of "Polaroid", very interesting equipment

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
I was curious what the "Aghan Box Camera" was, but I see you meant Afghan! Wink

Very interesting information with nice video how to build the camera.

Damn typo Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar cams were heavily used in Spain until 1960. There are still being used in some places as a reminder of the past.
They are called "Camaras minuteras", meaning "Minute camera" in the sense they could provide a picture in minutes.
A friend of mine built his owns and uses to visit fairs and festivals and take pictures to people for free, just to keep the concept alive.

The hole and the sleeve at the right side is for introducing the right hand to do the developing process inside.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fascinating how this process evolved to work within cultures that didn't have the access to technology that most of us take for granted. If they can't do it on the street, then it isn't going to happen.
Everyone loves pictures of themselves to give their loved ones, this article on today's BBC asks the question "If you had to flee your home, what would you take with you ?" and many people would reach for the family photo album, just as people always have done.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24954580

these photographers fill that desire.