Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Falls last leaf
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Falls last leaf Reply with quote

K-5 + Tamron SP 90/2.5 (F2.8 )

K-5 + M35/2 (F2)

K-5 + Tamron SP 90/2.5 (F2.8 )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last shot for me..but can't give you a reason why Rolling Eyes Many trees in the south of England are still fairly green, seems a late Autumn with no frost yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
The last shot for me..but can't give you a reason why Rolling Eyes Many trees in the south of England are still fairly green, seems a late Autumn with no frost yet.

We had the first snow for about a week. But it's long gone... hopefully it will snow some more soon enough Smile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soikka wrote:

We had the first snow for about a week. But it's long gone... hopefully it will snow some more soon enough Smile.

You guys are used to snow.......have you ever had a winter without snow?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
soikka wrote:

You guys are used to snow.......have you ever had a winter without snow?

Don't think we have....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last leaf? Ah, Finland. No wonder. Here in Houston, Texas, aka Cairo West, the trees are still green. We're still having to run our air conditioners for at least part of the day. It tends to get a bit too warm mid day. But at least it's beginning to cool off nicely at night. Temps are finally getting down into the low 60s F. That would be about 15-17C for you metric-minded folks.

At least I can wear my leather motorcycle jacket without sweating when I'm on my bike now. Here in Houston, the winter is pretty much perfect motorcycle riding weather. At least for me, it is. All the Harley boys and girls will be parking their farkle and bling loaded machines until the Spring. Why? I have no idea. But they do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Last leaf? Ah, Finland. No wonder. Here in Houston, Texas, aka Cairo West, the trees are still green. We're still having to run our air conditioners for at least part of the day. It tends to get a bit too warm mid day. But at least it's beginning to cool off nicely at night. Temps are finally getting down into the low 60s F. That would be about 15-17C for you metric-minded folks.

At least I can wear my leather motorcycle jacket without sweating when I'm on my bike now. Here in Houston, the winter is pretty much perfect motorcycle riding weather. At least for me, it is. All the Harley boys and girls will be parking their farkle and bling loaded machines until the Spring. Why? I have no idea. But they do.

Äh... sounds like too hot for me Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. And I'm stuck having to live here. We're lucky if winter lasts a month, maybe a month and a half here. By mid-February, Spring has usually sprung. Last year, however, was a bit unusual. We actually had a fairly long Winter and a fairly long Spring. I am very hopeful we will have the same sort of seasons this year, too.

Back to your last leaf, though -- do you get really intense fall colors up in Finland, or since it's so far north do the leaves just suddenly turn brown from the first sudden dip in temperatures, and fall off? That's what tends to happen here. The leaves will tend to stay mostly green really, then finally we'll get a sharp dip in overnight temperature and the next day all the leaves look sort of a sickly green color. Within a few days after that, they've turned brown and fall off. Almost no color in between green and brown for us, usually. So boring.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Back to your last leaf, though -- do you get really intense fall colors up in Finland, or since it's so far north do the leaves just suddenly turn brown from the first sudden dip in temperatures, and fall off?

The northern Finland especially is famous for the fall colors. There is a peak of one-two weeks with the best leaf colors (depending on the weather) and after that the all the plants on the ground start to show color. Some years it's better than on some years, but anyhow it's not common to have sudden green->brown changes.

Don't have any good examples for you online, but here you go:

https://www.google.fi/search?q=lapin+ruska&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ds

Got snow during the night. Yippii Smile. (Won't last through the day though)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Geez, those are some of the most intense Fall colors I've ever seen!

When I visited Japan years ago, I managed to arrive during the peak color season there, especially for the city of Kyoto. The Fall colors I saw there have always been the best I've seen anywhere. Until, that is, I saw this Fall colors of Finland. Magnificent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and Last are very nice. Maybe a crop to square would strengthen the first.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series, last one is out of mass, stunning!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila and Yebisu.