Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 120 - Konica Hexanon macro 55mm/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 120 - Konica Hexanon macro 55mm/3.5 Reply with quote

samples taken with E-M5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, impressive performance!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bokeh looks really good.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That beeeeee.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the value of the lens has jumped 300 % after your message... Very nice rendering !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billou wrote:
I guess the value of the lens has jumped 300 % after your message... Very nice rendering !

Those are really impressive shots in the OP. It's a valuable lens, no question, perhaps even more so now, as you state.

I just hope the price does not triple. I had to stretch to buy just one of those lenses a while back. They were, and are, not inexpensive. At triple the price, cost would be up close to $200, or more, for one in good shape!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples!
Good lens, well used.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'll have a chance at getting a Macro-Hexanon AR 55/3.5 , and a HEXANON AR 21/4.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent Photos! I have this lens (and adapter) and haven't given it any time on camera. I have a few Vivitar Series 1 90mm's and that is an excellent Macro lens. But having many Konica Hexanons too, I'm aware of their quality. These photos give me motivation to try it, now. Well done!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These images are gorgeous!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many macro lenses but I really like the handling of this one. For some reason I keep coming back to it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both lenses I posted about earlier work very well on my A7r.
The 55/3.5 shots here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/konica5535macro/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
I just hope the price does not triple.

I wouldn't be too worried. The price of Hexanons in the last few years has risen, but not enough to cause a run on the bank. I have in my database 70 Hexanons 55/3.5 sold over the last 2-3 years, with their sale price, and the overwhelming number of them went for under $100, with quite a few in the 20-40 euro range. I am not 100% certain about this, but despite our attempts to stir the nest here, it seems to me the price of Hexanons has leveled off somewhat and the initial excitement about them following the introduction of the first mirrorless cameras seems to be waning.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
I am not 100% certain about this, but despite our attempts to stir the nest here, it seems to me the price of Hexanons has leveled off somewhat and the initial excitement about them following the introduction of the first mirrorless cameras seems to be waning.

that's good for us, because prices will be more affordable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad I bought my Macro 55mm BEFORE your photos were posted. Wink

I must agree that it doesn't feel as though the Konica lenses are seeing the love that other legacy lenses are experiencing. That's good for us as Konica made some very good lenses. An example of where they stand, I had an 85mm and 57mm lens that needed service. It was less expensive for me to just buy new examples, both of which were almost mint, and sell the originals 'for parts' on Ebay.