Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 35/2.4 and ISS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 35/2.4 and ISS Reply with quote

I made an attempt to capture part of the flight of the ISS tonight (International Space station). I've never tried this before and I didn't leave myself enough practice time for getting the exposure right. It was also the blue hour so the light was changing quickly.
While I was testing exposures the ISS suddenly appeared in the middle of the sky, I only managed to shoot three 6 second exposures before it was gone again.
I learned a few things and with more preparation I think I can get a much better result, hopefully a 'full' streak across the sky. For now, I'm just happy to get something on the sensor. I have no idea how to correctly combine these shots so I just slapped them together in Nik's HDR Efex Pro. Laughing

5D2 + Flektogon 35/2.4 at f2.4 ISO 800 and 6 seconds x 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search with google for the photoshop image stacking action, works great, I stacked 50-odd 14mp RAWs with it the other day, didn't take long and the result was good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to learn Photoshop one of these days. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooner you than me, I hate the whole Adobe religion with a passion. It's a bloody ripoff!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bychance wrote:
Sooner you than me, I hate the whole Adobe religion with a passion. It's a bloody ripoff!

It's only a rip-off if you pay for it. Wink